Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Why give up Mario for a pg that we can acquire via draft?

I'm all for Jackson just not for mario

Because getting one of the top PG'S aren't guaranteed. If we can get PG who's still young, can shoot, and run a team effectively than why not move on him. He's only 26 with 4 years left on his deal I believe. We can tank all we want but I we don't get into the top 5 were going to be screwed again not being able to get Ball, Fultz, or Smith Jr. Just my opinion though. To be honest I'd rather have Jackson and Tatum than possibly being left with Hezonja and Fox

Because getting one of the top PG'S aren't guaranteed. If we can get PG who's still young, can shoot, and run a team effectively than why not move on him. He's only 26 with 4 years left on his deal I believe. We can tank all we want but I we don't get into the top 5 were going to be screwed again not being able to get Ball, Fultz, or Smith Jr. Just my opinion though. To be honest I'd rather have Jackson and Tatum than possibly being left with Hezonja and Fox

Then I'd wait till draft day to see if we are able to get a PG. there are around 4 or 5 PGs in the top 10 of the daft

Would you be okay with this?

Starters: Biyombo, Gordon, Fournier, Ross, and Jackson

Second unit: Vucevic, Green, Meeks(when he returns), and Payton

no, the entire point of obtaining Jackson is low trade costs mitigate future risk.

Jackson is not a top 10 point guard but he's a good scoring/P&R point guard+voice in the lockerroom+solid upside. So you can reasonably expect Jackson to give us a different look than Payton and he's being paid like a mid tier point guard. It might have a positive impact on Gordon by providing more space for him to work with and it'd also probably help Fournier by pushing him into a role he's more suited for.

So knowing all of this and understanding the negatives (i.e. the reasons he's available in the first place) you can't argue that we shouldn't trade low value items for him (i.e. augustin, filler, and that pick we got from Toronto or a protected 2018 pick).

you can also somewhat justify trading Payton, filler, and the Toronto or 2018 pick if the staff truly feels like they need to move on from Payton. Though this would be a slight overpay so I wouldn't expect anyone to feel good about this until we actually see if it works on the court.

anything beyond that would be stupid knowing that there's a non-trivial chance that Jackson regresses into Mo Williams (which is fine. Prime Mo Williams isn't going to kill your franchise but you're going to be constantly looking for an upgrade).

so basically, if they're giving him away we should grab him. but Jackson isn't someone we should actively pursue and get into a bidding war for.

The Pistons and Magic have discussed a trade that would send Reggie Jackson to Orlando for D.J. Augustin and Jeff Green, league sources say.

Via Marc Stein on twitter

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 2m2 minutes ago

 More

The Pistons and Magic have discussed a trade that would send Reggie Jackson to Orlando for D.J. Augustin and Jeff Green, league sources say.

6 replies 42 retweets 19 likes

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now, that'd be a deal that I don't think anyone here could be against. Free up minutes at the 3/4, upgrade both backup and starting point guard. Kind of wonder what the catch is, unless they just want Green's expiring.

Now, that'd be a deal that I don't think anyone here could be against. Free up minutes at the 3/4, upgrade both backup and starting point guard. Kind of wonder what the catch is, unless they just want Green's expiring.

it'd make watching green this whole season worth it.

Marc Stein Verified account 

‏@ESPNSteinLine

Not yet clear if talks go past the "discussion" phase but Detroit, as @ZachLowe_NBA noted this week, has been exploring its Reggie options.

Via Marc Stein on twitter

Now that I'd do....Last week...In the summer...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 2m2 minutes ago

 More

6 replies 42 retweets 19 likes

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Glory!!!!!!!!!!!