Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Hes actually pretty good around the rim and from 20-24 feet in the corners.

Guess you don't do numbers.

And yet he's still average at best and inconsistent offensively.

What's the point of your underlying jab at the end though?

Sigh. I mean you're either in complete left field or completely out in the right. Your usually more subjective then this.

Having a day? Need a hug?

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier.

trading for smart gets you effort, attitude, leadership, and defense. it also gets you inconsistent shooting and offense that varies wildly from night to night. If you want to take Smart to pair him up with Gordon, ross, and Biyombo, tank the rest of the season, then use that group as a foundation to add high efficiency offensive players. fine. If you think you can run Smart-Fournier-Ross-Gordon-vucevic going forward that's just going to be a new way to have a bad team.

• Upvote 1

And yet he's still average at best and inconsistent offensively.

What's the point of your underlying jab at the end though?

Apologize but when you do the work to show something that's being overlooked, and it's ignored,kinda frustrating.

I don't like Smart because he's the next Curry. I like him for the same reasons I liked Billups except he's a better rebounder and gets more steals. If you look at Billups dude wasn't a high percentage shooter at first but got better.

Smart has gone from 25% in 3's last year to 31% this year.

I would not take Jackson over Smart btw.

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier.

trading for smart gets you effort, attitude, leadership, and defense. it also gets you inconsistent shooting and offense that varies wildly from night to night. If you want to take Smart to pair him up with Gordon, ross, and Biyombo, tank the rest of the season, then use that group as a foundation to add high efficiency offensive players. fine. If you think you can run Smart-Fournier-Ross-Gordon-vucevic going forward that's just going to be a new way to have a bad team.

Nah. You'd have to go away from Vuch at the 5.

Also you have to play Smart right. He's a good corner three point shooter. He's good in the restricted area and a good free throw shooter. That'll be up to Vogel.

With his contract, we wouldn't have to give up a ton. I mean it's Ainge but still.

I think Smart would have issues with losing, could be a good thing in the right situation... But I don't think it would be a good fit unless we had solid veterans, which we don't. That being said, i like Smart as a player, I thought he would be better by now though in this league.

Apologize but when you do the work to show something that's being overlooked, and it's ignored,kinda frustrating.

I don't like Smart because he's the next Curry. I like him for the same reasons I liked Billups except he's a better rebounder and gets more steals. If you look at Billups dude wasn't a high percentage shooter at first but got better.

Smart has gone from 25% in 3's last year to 31% this year.

I would not take Jackson over Smart btw.

I love tough players which he is but I'm absolutely tired of players that can't shoot and we have to wait and see if they eventually pan out.

He may very well improve tremendously but I'd guess the amount of guys who go from very poor to average/above averge shooters is few and far in between.

We tried it with Payton and I don't want to try again. This is a guard driven league and there are way too many out there for us to settle with Smart.

I just think smart is one of those (this is going to initially look like a bad example but try to work with me here) Leandro Barbosa, JJ Barea "oh my god this guy came into the game, threw everything into chaos, and my team went from down 5 to up 11 in 5 minutes".

He's an act of nature. but he's not a "start this guy every game" player. Because for every big game he has there's a 1-4, 4 turnover turn a comfortable lead into a loss game.

I love tough players which he is but I'm absolutely tired of players that can't shoot and we have to wait and see if they eventually pan out.

He may very well improve tremendously but I'd guess the amount of guys who go from very poor to average/above averge shooters is few and far in between.

We tried it with Payton and I don't want to try again. This is a guard driven league and there are way too many out there for us to settle with Smart.

I am in the same boat. The physical style smart brings is nice and I love that--but the NBA has gone away from that.

I'd rather have elite scorers that are average defenders than elite defenders who are average scorers.

I am in the same boat. The physical style smart brings is nice and I love that--but the NBA has gone away from that.

I'd rather have elite scorers that are average defenders than elite defenders who are average scorers.

I think that's the wrong way to look at things.

I think you need both. Smart is fine if you stick him next to Thomas, Horford, Crowder (all super efficient scorers, two of which are also great defenders). Smart would suck if we stuck him next to payton-gordon- and biyombo.

I think that's the wrong way to look at things.

I think you need both. Smart is fine if you stick him next to Thomas, Horford, Crowder (all super efficient scorers, two of which are also great defenders). Smart would suck if we stuck him next to payton-gordon- and biyombo.

I mean yes and no. I still think if you just have a team full of elite scorers who play average defense--you can do without an elite defender.

Sure a mix of both works too.

Where? Who's available?