Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

With Ibaka gone, why do guys still want Vuch traded so badly? Biyombo the starting Center?

Great point. Byiombo is not a starting NBA center.

Also the reason why they keep losing in the first round. Cool. You have 50 second round picks but you won't trade rj hunter, james young, kelly olynik, and a couple second rounders to fill a need.

That's why he won the title in 2008 and completley destroyed the Nets for the next decade to come.

That's why he won the title in 2008 and completley destroyed the Nets for the next decade to come.

I was unaware the 2008 larry o'brien trophy was starting at pf for them this year. My fault.

Eventually those assets become worthless though. The CBA has changed and he has handcuffed himself to those assets so much he may never get beyond where he is now.

He traded for Thomas, brought in Horford, has probably a top-3 pick in this years draft and you're still doubting on his talent as gm? What has Henny done in this time? Yeah... NOTHING!

I know several Boston fans and it's kind of the nature up there to overvalue every asset they have and undervalue every asset other people have. The sense of entitlement up there in the sports world these days is ridiculous

He traded for Thomas, brought in Horford, has probably a top-3 pick in this years draft and you're still doubting on his talent as gm? What has Henny done in this time? Yeah... NOTHING!

Between getting IT for nothing and the complete fleecing of the Nets, I can only assume Ainge negotiates in blackmail.

I'm not downplaying what he's done and acknowledge he's done a much better job but a GM isn't going to always ride the train he's riding right now and the train could very well derail if he continues to handcuff himself to these assets. Ones that are not even that great.

I also agree with P4TW, KG was handed to him.

If he doesn't cash those in, he's going to be a first round and out team for a long time and with the new CBA, it's more likely than ever for that to happen.

Nobody is doubting his talent as a gm. We're saying he's already lost James young and rj hunter. Gone for nothing. He's lost Jared sullinger and fab melo for nothing. This summer he's going to lose Kelly olynik for nothing. He lost ben bentil for nothing. Why not cash in some assets that you won't be able to afford in a year or two for an upgrade?

I'm not downplaying what he's done and acknowledge he's done a much better job but a GM isn't going to always ride the train he's riding right now and the train could very well derail if he continues to handcuff himself to these assets. Ones that are not even that great.

I also agree with P4TW, KG was handed to him.

He knows what to do. Cannot say the same of Henny, though.

Whatever experiment the Magic were trying when they further crowded the front court by trading Victor Oladipo and a first-round pick for Ibaka this past offseason hasn’t gone well, and now they are flipping their big offseason acquisition for a first-round pick that will probably fall in the late 20's and a serviceable wing player. Let’s all take a moment to laugh at the Magic for turning Oladipo and the 11th pick in last year’s draft into Ross and a pick at the end of this year’s first round. The Magic will continue to be bad.

As for Ibaka, you probably haven’t thought about him much this season because he’s been having a down year and Orlando is the place where basketball goes to die. But it wasn’t that long ago that he was considered a key player on a championship contender, and he’s still just 27 years old. Maybe the chance to play for a winning team will help him wash off enough of the Magic’s stink that he’ll be able to help the backsliding Raptors get their **** together.

twitter link