Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Because of the cost of resigning him and the length of the contract. With his decline, he might very well be an after though by the time AG and EP become legit while you just handcuffed yourself to an declining PF and still in purgatory.

We can't keep dragging this out..

So lets say in two years AG and EP are what they are supposed to be. Ibaka wont be a fine 3rd option decline or not? At the least he will be a capable stretch 4.

By then his contract will probably not even be a max anymore with the cap always going up.

So lets say in two years AG and EP are what they are supposed to be. Ibaka wont be a fine 3rd option decline or not? At the least he will be a capable stretch 4.

By then his contract will probably not even be a max anymore with the cap always going up.

The cap won't go up as much in two years as it did this past offseason. That was more a one off thing.

The cap won't go up as much in two years as much as it did this past offseason. That was more a one off thing.

the cap is going to jump 20 million from summer 2017 to summer 2018

nevermind this is wrong. I was looking at luxury tax numbers

it's going to be 120 in 2020.

Oh wow did not know

I was wrong

it goes 102 this summer

somewhere in the 109 ballpark the following summer

somewhere in the 115 ballpark the summer after that

then 120.

I was wrong

it goes 102 this summer

somewhere in the 109 ballpark the following summer

somewhere in the 115 ballpark the summer after that

then 120.

So a max contract for Ibaka this year looks like what in 2-3 years. Does it make sense for a 3rd option guy on the decline? Is it tradable by then?

You have to pick up Terrence Ross in any deal IMO.

I think given the choice between Ross and Powell you need to take Powell due to low cost and restricted free agency.

you can resign him, wait until December, then trade him.

I rather do it now because he may not resign and at least you get something.

I don't care what he says in the media. He wants to win too and the likelihood of us being immensely better next year is very unlikely.

Who knows? How fast does he decline? I have hard time giving him a max based on what I've seen this year.