Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

step 1. vucevic goes off for 30+ tonight against inferior center

step 2. Call up NOLA "hey, how would you like to own a decent center?

step 3. ???

step 4. Profit

Think we could get a brooklyn type deal with them? We have a couple overpriced/declining vets we could throw their way too.

GM Rob Hennigan can scour the league for a trade to find shooting and scoring help – and should.

Sacramento small forward Rudy Gay – who is essentially pleading with the Kings to trade him – is averaging 22 points per game. Phoenix has a crowded backcourt, trying to find playing time for guards Brandon Knight (11.1 ppg) and Eric Bledsoe (18.4) with the rise of Devin Booker. Los Angeles shooting guard Lou Williams (15.6 ppg) would be ideal, although he’s fit well with the young Lakers.

The Magic probably would have to trade defense to get offense, sending out Serge Ibaka or Bismack Biyombo (Biyombo can’t be traded until Dec. 15.)

Orlando could offer small forwards Jeff Green (Dec. 15) or Aaron Gordon, although trading Gordon would further undermine the youthful rebuilding blueprint (Victor Oladipo was dealt for Ibaka.) Ibaka and Green have expiring contracts.

Hennigan could gamble and try to land Kings center DeMarcus Cousins with a package that likely includes center Nikola Vucevic. Cousins is averaging 26.6 points, good for ninth in the league, along with 8.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.

http://www.orlandose...1116-story.html

What about knight makes you think he'd be a good fit here?

I see him as a young sixth man while also opening up room for AG to play PF. I also like Bender.

I also don't think Vooch has a lot of trade value. Getting someone like Knight is probably our best shot at changing it up a bit and balancing our roster.

I disagree Vucevic has the same value as before. Offensive minded center, maybe struggling due to Vogel emphasis on defense. Lineups are fluid and minutes aren't set as we can all see.

I see him as a young sixth man while also opening up room for AG to play PF. I also like Bender.

Knight would put Payton's arse on the bench.

Henny liked and scouted Bender too.

It just isn't working out, notwithstanding a breakout against Denver on Wednesday. Knight is shooting 38 percent, and heaving the usual dose of infuriating foot-on-the-line long 2s. Teams are obliterating the Suns whenever Knight is on the floor, and the damage is even worse when he shares the court with Eric Bledsoe in what was once Phoenix's dream backcourt. He has the third-worst raw plus-minus in the league, ahead of only Evan Turner and Jeff Green -- now annoying his fifth fan base!

The evidence is piling up that Knight doesn't quite have the feel to be a lead guard -- the wayward lobs to a moping Tyson Chandler, bounce passes that miss their target or hit people in the feet, and barfy pull-up jumpers early in the shot clock. Knight isn't big enough to start on the wing, which means he's probably living out his destiny as a score-first sixth man in the Jamal Crawford lineage. He just has to you, you know, score.

http://www.espn.com/...ity-thunder-nba

I don't understand why we should trade for Brandon Knight.