Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Deron Williams and Andrew Bogut were held out of Mavs practice. "With the trade deadline tomorrow, you can read a lot into that," coach Rick Carlisle said. "That's about all I'm going to say about that."

Tim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Writer

Dudes been around for a minute man.

Powell would be a diamond in the rough imo

Sure. And it's very likely that's he's just a solid player. But if you're checking off boxes, highly drafted. Underutilized on a good team. Athleticism. An offensive skill. A handful of big offensive games. Those are things you look for when looking for a diamond in the rough

One of the Toronto blogs did a q&a and said he's going to drive us nuts with his inconsistency but they wouldn't be surprised if he was an all star candidate next year.

That's not to say I'm overly optimistic. But there's not an obvious available candidate that's a better bet

@WojVerticalNBA

Chicago has continued to push on a trade for 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, league sources tell @TheVertical. Discussions continue.

Sure. And it's very likely that's he's just a solid player. But if you're checking off boxes, highly drafted. Underutilized on a good team. Athleticism. An offensive skill. A handful of big offensive games. Those are things you look for when looking for a diamond in the rough

One of the Toronto blogs did a q&a and said he's going to drive us nuts with his inconsistency but they wouldn't be surprised if he was an all star candidate next year.

That's not to say I'm overly optimistic. But there's not an obvious available candidate that's a better bet

Maybe but usually the diamond in the rough are smart players. He's not dumb but he has some IQ deficiencies on the court.

We'll see. I believe he'll be a nice bench player or role player.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: San Antonio closing in on deal to send Patty Mills to Orlando for Elfrid Payton

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL