Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I'm sure he's trying this as well. If you could get Fournier for a future second you wouldn't do it though? I feel like you just made our point in this post.

We all want a legit star but if that deal doesn't happen why not grab another role player for nothing?

No because I think at some point you have to ask is your GM capable or willing to get you beyond a certain point and I'm afraid Henny might be showing some trends of incompetence in that area.

A couple of Fournier's? I mean we are better without him so you want to add to it?

We're just going to disagree on this I believe.

So did we not just want DMC? Because we sure as hell could have gotten him.

Fire rob.

There is no way he would have resigned with us. We would have dumped valuable assets for a year and change of drama and friction. He is a knucklehead and is tired of losing. Bad mix of characteristics for someone coming into our organization right now.

Whether we whiffed or passed altogether, I'm glad we didn't trade for him.

• Upvote 1

So did we not just want DMC? Because we sure as hell could have gotten him.

Fire rob.

You know there's equality likely scenarios that we offered them something but they preferred hield

Or we never offered anything because cousins isn't the type of guy this franchise likes.

Or it wasn't a smart move to trade for cousins in the first place. A lot of smart gms didn't grab him either. Why didn't Indiana throw Turner and picks? Why didn't Portland beat that offer? Why didn't LA? Why didn't Boston? Why didn't okc? Why didn't Dallas?

Dell Demps isn't a good gm.

There is no way he would have resigned with us. We would have dumped valuable assets for a year and change of drama and friction. He is a knucklehead and is tired of losing. Bad mix of characteristics for someone coming into our organization right now.

Whether we whiffed or passed altogether, I'm glad we didn't trade for him.

That's an opinion.

I think a competent GM could build a playoff team around Cousins in a year. A competent GM can give him a reason to resign.

Look, I get he's a headcase but we all know we have been stuck in mediocrity because of one of the reasons being we take safe risks that usually don't turn out well. Last big risk we took was drafting a athletic unknown DHoward over the college seasoned Okafor and we got into the finals.

The Kings are going to tank hard and maybe hurt the value of our 2017 pick. Hennigan has to push hard in one direction but I see us getting like the 10th pick and being miserable for years to come.

I think a competent GM could build a playoff team around Cousins in a year. A competent GM can give him a reason to resign.

That's an opinion.

Everything other than statistics that are posted on here are opinions.

Assuming your opinion above is correct- it's my opinion that we don't have a competent GM that would be up to the task of building a team and environment in the next year that would be attractive to Cousins.

The Kings are going to tank hard and maybe hurt the value of our 2017 pick. Hennigan has to push hard in one direction but I see us getting like the 10th pick and being miserable for years to come.

They can't tank hard. Philly owns swap rights for their pick lol

I have a hard time envisioning any scenario in which we pick 10th

That's an opinion.

Everything other than statistics that are posted on here are opinions.

Assuming your opinion above is correct- it's my opinion that we don't have a competent GM that would be up to the task of building a team and environment in the next year that would be attractive to Cousins.

Competence is usually fact based so no its not an opinion.

To your last paragraph, then he needs to be fired. Period. If by his own admittance he can't build around one of the most dominant bigs in today's game, you should be relieved of your GM duties and we need to find someone who can. End of story.