Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

James Young, RJ Hunter, Jared Sullinger, and Fab Melo.

Those guys have done what exactly? Technically I can't disagree that he lost them for nothing. But they aren't exactly doing much elsewhere. Melo went back to Brazil before he passed. Sullinger has the same injury problems. Hunter is in the DLeague. And Young gets sporadic minutes. I think you could argue there was nothing to be gotten from those guys.

The point wasnt that they were great players. Rozier isn't a great player. The point is assets are only assets if you use them. Boston has a history of overvaluing their assets until they expire. It's pretty much the same mistake rob made with harkless

The point wasnt that they were great players. Rozier isn't a great player. The point is assets are only assets if you use them.  Boston has a history of overvaluing their assets until they expire.  It's pretty much the same mistake rob made with harkless

that is the point. Perhaps other teams saw they weren't good players and/or weren't worth giving anything up to acquire. RJ Hunter is in the Dleague right now and can be claimed by any team for pennies, but he hasn't (yet). That just leads me to believe that teams don't value him.

Regarding Rozier, I have no clue. If he isn't good why are we trying to trade for him ;)

If I had to guess they would have to include guys like Bradley to make it somewhat even. No way I'd take Rozier and Zeller.

that'd be unfortunate. as it'd likely mean the only thing preventing us from being a good team was Gordon at 4. We could have just moved Ibaka to the 5 and not even needed the trade.

Didn't Ibaka say he wanted no part of the center spot?

that is the point. Perhaps other teams saw they weren't good players and/or weren't worth giving anything up to acquire. RJ Hunter is in the Dleague right now and can be claimed by any team for pennies, but he hasn't (yet). That just leads me to believe that teams don't value him.

Regarding Rozier, I have no clue. If he isn't good why are we trying to trade for him ;)/>

If I had to guess they would have to include guys like Bradley to make it somewhat even. No way I'd take Rozier and Zeller.

yeah, I'd much rather have ross than Rozier. Rozier would be a good move if we were trying to win this season as he's a two way player at point guard (which is something we don't have). but it's not like he's a Payton upgrade or anything.

I'm just kinda shocked that Boston took that stance "We'll take Ibaka, but there's no way we're including Rozier". Like if before we sucked we took the stance "We'll take Eric Bledsoe but there's no way we're including Payton". I was going to say Hezonja but at least hezonja has the pedigree of a top 5 pick. Rozier was 16th in the same draft. He's a career 37% TWO point shooter. He's not a great passer. He's another Marcus Smart. And they already own 1 marcus smart. and they own a pick that is very likely going to be another point guard to go along with their all star point guard and their lockdown 2 who can also play point guard. Just feels like they're not maximizing their roster.

Shot doctor thinks we should trade Biz for Crabbe. Sigh

He also said on 04/12/12 (I believe) that Andrew Bynum was the second coming of David Robinson and will be a significantly better player than Dwight Howard.

I'm fine with this, it's actually an ok trade. I don't think there will be much difference between the Toronto and Clippers picks and Ross actually fits what we need at this moment in time in terms of spreading the floor at the 3 spot. I'm just glad we managed to get a 1st round pick despite teams knowing he was 100 percent walking.

Ross pretty much gives us Dipo production for a lot less. I don't really get it when people try and break it down as the 2 and 11 picks for Ross, should be basing it on the player ability rather than the number they were picked. You just need to look at Issiah making a mockery of that.

Hopefully we see Hezonja getting decent minutes backing up Evan and Ross. If Green ends up getting all the back up minutes at the 3 and 4 I may start to lose it a little, this needs to be the time where the young guys start getting good minutes for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with this, it's actually an ok trade. I don't think there will be much difference between the Toronto and Clippers picks and Ross actually fits what we need at this moment in time in terms of spreading the floor at the 3 spot. I'm just glad we managed to get a 1st round pick despite teams knowing he was 100 percent walking.

Ross pretty much gives us Dipo production for a lot less. I don't really get it when people try and break it down as the 2 and 11 picks for Ross, should be basing it on the player ability rather than the number they were picked. You just need to look at Issiah making a mockery of that.

Hopefully we see Hezonja getting decent minutes backing up Evan and Ross. If Green ends up getting all the back up minutes at the 3 and 4 I may start to lose it a little, this needs to be the time where the young guys start getting good minutes for the rest of the season.

Well said, Good post