Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Rebuild trades consist of getting rid of guys like Ibaka who else though?

Fournier and Vuch are on good contracts and dont affect a tank or rebuild.

Gordon and Mario are young and cheap.

Bizmack? He's worth too little to trade.

Then we have a bunch of old vets to throw in with Ibaka if needed.

Missing anything?

I'd keep and start Mario and Gordon.

Biz can stay as well but I won't lose any sleep if he's traded

I think if we find anyone that'll take Biz on for an expiring or something that lets us get out of that contract we do it. Just don't think anybody will. Also, going all in on rebuild mode makes me think everyone on the team is on the block. We don't have a single player that's earned a guaranteed future spot.

I'm late to the party but Morris would fit nicely with AG imo. He's a favorite pick of mine in daily fantasy also, not that it translates to wins but he produces.

This sounds crazy but I think you need to keep Biyombo. Yes he sucks offensively, can't make a basket, and everything else BUT he at least sets a good tone, looks to be a hard worker and respects the staff. You need good "soldiers" like that who can push around in practice. That "spirit" stuff Hennigan talked about earlier is good to have around when rebuilding.

Rebuild trades consist of getting rid of guys like Ibaka who else though?

Fournier and Vuch are on good contracts and dont affect a tank or rebuild.

Gordon and Mario are young and cheap.

Bizmack? He's worth too little to trade.

Then we have a bunch of old vets to throw in with Ibaka if needed.

Missing anything?

I don't think it changes anything but a shift to young players and picks vs guys who can win now. Also it's going to push vets out of the rotation and have young players in developmental roles.

Also I'd imagine that next season is going to be more similar to 15-16 or maybe even 14-15 in terms of goals. We're not going to draft a young player and sign a bunch of vets unless something radical happens like Gordon turning into last year's post all star Giannis.

I wouldn't be shocked if we waived green if we can't trade him.

This sounds crazy but I think you need to keep Biyombo. Yes he sucks offensively, can't make a basket, and everything else BUT he at least sets a good tone, looks to be a hard worker and respects the staff. You need good "soldiers" like that who can push around in practice. That "spirit" stuff Hennigan talked about earlier is good to have around when rebuilding.

We're really dumb the way we use biyombo. We establish an offense that fits Vucevic then run the same actions when biyombo is in the game. It's stupid to give biyombo the ball at the top of the key. It's a wasted movement.

We need a pick and roll point guard whether that's as a starter or a backup. Stick biyombo with that guard. Spam pick and rolls all day. Switch it up. Stick biyombo weak side at the rim. Run Fournier curls with an option to drive to the basket if the defender goes over the screen. If the big helps, dump to biyombo for the dunk. That's it. That's the biyombo offensive package with variants of what i described above.

We use him as badly as we did with frye.

• Upvote 1

We're really dumb the way we use biyombo. We establish an offense that fits Vucevic then run the same actions when biyombo is in the game. It's stupid to give biyombo the ball at the top of the key. It's a wasted movement.

We need a pick and roll point guard whether that's as a starter or a backup. Stick biyombo with that guard. Spam pick and rolls all day. Switch it up. Stick biyombo weak side at the rim. Run Fournier curls with an option to drive to the basket if the defender goes over the screen. If the big helps, dump to biyombo for the dunk. That's it. That's the biyombo offensive package with variants of what i described above.

We use him as badly as we did with frye.

Should we trade Vuch? I believe so.

@KeithSmithNBA

League sources indicate Orlando has begun pursuing trades for a rebuild. Last night's loss dropped Magic 6 games out of the playoff picture.

I'm shocked Ibaka is not on Toronto yet. They are dropping in the standings and can't afford to play games.

I think you only have a window of time where players have the capability to remain engaged on a loosing team before they become fully disengaged loosing season after season. That window is probably 4-6 years max on thr same team. Humans instinctively want to win. There's only so much loosing one can take in the same environment.

If we truly plan to start rebuild mode again which could take several years for us to be any good again, we should preventatively cut ties with anyone who would end up in that window. We want guys with the right frame of mind going forward.

• Upvote 2

I think you only have a window of time where players have the capability to remain engaged on a loosing team before they become fully disengaged loosing season after season. That window is probably 4-6 years max on thr same team. Humans instinctively want to win. There's only so much loosing one can take in the same environment.

If we truly plan to start rebuild mode again which could take several years for us to be any good again, we should preventatively cut ties with anyone who would end up in that window. We want guys with the right frame of mind going forward.

Totally agree. I think we'll keep Fournier, Gordon and Biz, as all appear to be really engaged and upset when we lose. Plus, they are still young. I think we'll also keep Mario because his value is so low right now. Meanwhile, I think Ibaka is history, as well as Vooch. Given Payton's benching, I think he'll be added into potential trades, too.