Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

the deal wasn't for rose. he just needed to be included for cap purposes. I'd just cut him.

You dont think he would fit for a half season? I think he would be a good scoring threat for a playoff run.

You dont think he would fit for a half season? I think he would be a good scoring threat for a playoff run.

no. not at all.

look at the advanced stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Elfrid+Payton&player_id1_select=Elfrid+Payton&y1=2017&player_id1=paytoel01&hint=D.J.+Augustin&player_id2_select=D.J.+Augustin&y2=2017&player_id2=augusdj01&hint=Derrick+Rose&player_id3_select=Derrick+Rose&y3=2017&player_id3=rosede01

Rose is a below average point guard who cant shoot but still thinks he's a first team all nba guy. If he could properly assess his game and accept a reduced role then there's an argument to have him around. He'd be a fantastic backup who could occasionally put up a big game. But he's not that guy. He's a "I still got it" guy. That's the difference between Kobe last year and Vince Carter for the past few years.

no. not at all.

look at the advanced stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Elfrid+Payton&player_id1_select=Elfrid+Payton&y1=2017&player_id1=paytoel01&hint=D.J.+Augustin&player_id2_select=D.J.+Augustin&y2=2017&player_id2=augusdj01&hint=Derrick+Rose&player_id3_select=Derrick+Rose&y3=2017&player_id3=rosede01

Rose is a below average point guard who cant shoot but still thinks he's a first team all nba guy. If he could properly assess his game and accept a reduced role then there's an argument to have him around. He'd be a fantastic backup who could occasionally put up a big game. But he's not that guy. He's a "I still got it" guy. That's the difference between Kobe last year and Vince Carter for the past few years.

Got it. I knew he was bad just assumed he was scoring at a better rate.

just for fun..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hepezey

and get a 2nd rounder( probably the minnesota pick) from boston

then

flip Amir for another 2nd rounder to a contender that needs a backup PF.

and

trade jeff green for whatever you can get.

Assuming we are drafting mid lottery we should find a starting PG in this summers draft giving us a future of

PG X? / payton,

SG Fournier/ Hezonja,

SF Brown / Gordon / Hezonja,

PF Gordon, X?

C Biz/ Zimmerman

the extra 2nd rders are lotto picks. It's our turn to find a winner.

Vuc's market value should go up after Ibaka is gone. Best to trade him around draft time to maximize his return. Let the the next rebuild begin.

just for fun..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hepezey

and get a 2nd rounder( probably the minnesota pick) from boston

then

flip Amir for another 2nd rounder to a contender that needs a backup PF.

and

trade jeff green for whatever you can get.

Assuming we are drafting mid lottery we should find a starting PG in this summers draft giving us a future of

PG X? / payton,

SG Fournier/ Hezonja,

SF Brown / Gordon / Hezonja,

PF Gordon, X?

C Biz/ Zimmerman

the extra 2nd rders are lotto picks. It's our turn to find a winner.

Vuc's market value should go up after Ibaka is gone. Best to trade him around draft time to maximize his return. Let the the next rebuild begin.

THIS IS TOTALLY....

...not that crazy...

THIS IS TOTALLY....

...not that crazy...

I hate the look of that team but not sure how it would turn out.

Assume whatever projected top PG we get is legit. Gordon turns the complete corner and has a 4th year similar to Giannis. Brown improves at a normal rate. How many wins do we have that year?

Assume whatever projected top PG we get is legit. Gordon turns the complete corner and has a 4th year similar to Giannis. Brown improves at a normal rate. How many wins do we have that year?

eh, not sure wins are the point next year if this happens. We'd probably be back at the "acquiring assets" phase again. 2018 would be another early draft year, and then wins would theoretically come after that.

I hate the look of the team if we don't trade Ibaka or meeks and they both walk. I thought Brown ( while i don't love him) is a pretty good piece for the future.

eh, not sure wins are the point next year if this happens. We'd probably be back at the "acquiring assets" phase again. 2018 would be another early draft year, and then wins would theoretically come after that.

As much as I understand we may need to slightly reset the fan in me hates every ounce of it. Another 2 years of let's see if we can develop would be gut wrenching for me.

As much as I understand we may need to slightly reset the fan in me hates every ounce of it. Another 2 years of let's see if we can develop would be gut wrenching for me.

I rather do that then spend the next 2 in purgatory. Let's go after assets and draft picks and run with the youth. Bet basketball games would be entertaining at least.

Wonder if LA would trade Ingram? Probably not.