Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I know i will get a lot of hate for this but i have thought it over and the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5a7alx

We get a clear alpha dog which i think this team desperately needs you play him with Surge and bring Biyombo off the bench

I think Voochs time has passed here , i believe they would pull the trigger because they get a clear starting center in the deal and the potential star in Gordon.

I have though long and hard about gordon and hes been one of my favorites on this team but i dont think he will be the star everyone else thinks he will be. His ball handling isnt getting much better and in my opinion he reminds me of dwight howard in the sense he is the most athletic guy on the court almost every time he steps on it yet he plays far to timid and soft. Gordon should lead this team in free throw attempts on sheer athleticism alone. He doesn't go hard to the basket as i feel he should often enough.

This trade works in my mind because we are not losing that much and we are gaining a guy we can go to consistently when the offense stagnates. We most certainly get even tougher then we already are and I believe Coach Vogel can handle the personality issues. This guy has put up numbers that are vary rare over the coarse of his career and has done it consistently. I don't think we have an honest shot at any other major all stars in this league any time soon unless its through a trade and this guy can be had for a much more reasonable deal then any other wood be all star that may become available.

Id love to hear you all opinion on this trade, what is it missing, could or would it work or am I just totally off the rails with this?

I know i will get a lot of hate for this but i have thought it over and the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5a7alx

We get a clear alpha dog which i think this team desperately needs you play him with Surge and bring Biyombo off the bench

I think Voochs time has passed here , i believe they would pull the trigger because they get a clear starting center in the deal and the potential star in Gordon.

I have though long and hard about gordon and hes been one of my favorites on this team but i dont think he will be the star everyone else thinks he will be. His ball handling isnt getting much better and in my opinion he reminds me of dwight howard in the sense he is the most athletic guy on the court almost every time he steps on it yet he plays far to timid and soft. Gordon should lead this team in free throw attempts on sheer athleticism alone. He doesn't go hard to the basket as i feel he should often enough.

This trade works in my mind because we are not losing that much and we are gaining a guy we can go to consistently when the offense stagnates. We most certainly get even tougher then we already are and I believe Coach Vogel can handle the personality issues. This guy has put up numbers that are vary rare over the coarse of his career and has done it consistently. I don't think we have an honest shot at any other major all stars in this league any time soon unless its through a trade and this guy can be had for a much more reasonable deal then any other wood be all star that may become available.

Id love to hear you all opinion on this trade, what is it missing, could or would it work or am I just totally off the rails with this?

I don't think there's any chance the Magic bring in another problematic big who can leave in a year

Yes, make this happen Rudy Gay would be a great addition

Nah. The only point of gay is he'd be a low cost guy and fix the rotation. If we do that trade what are we going to play Gordon 16 mpg?

It would be very unlikely the Timberwolves part ways with Wiggins this early in his tenure with the team, but LaVine is a player the Timberwolves could part ways for the right offer. LaVine could help Orlando in many ways since he is able to play both the point guard and the shooting guard position.

LaVine is currently averaging a career-best 21.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game. he is also having a career year shooting the ball. He is currently shooting 47 percent from the field and 41 percent from beyond the arc.

The Magic would need to get extremely creative in putting together an offer that would interest the Timberwolves to part ways with one of their best young players. The offer would need to be a package that includes Nikola Vucevic, Mario Hezonja, an expiring contract and possibly a future draft pick.

Such a trade offer should attract the Timberwolves to at least pick up the phone and engage in a trade discussion.

Some fans may fear giving up Vucevic and Hezonja plus a draft pick may be too much. But the reality is the Magic would have an opportunity to add a young player with tremendous upside to a team that is lacking a first scoring option. The only way to acquire such a player is by overpaying.

http://www.foxsports...rts-CQ-RSS-Feed

Pairing Anthony Davis with a low-post threat, that has an array of offensive moves and can shoot outside provides the team with a much needed offensive punch. Alexis Ajinca is serviceable, but not who you want going against the likes of LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol and others.

Omer Asik is best as a backup big, that gives 10-15 minutes of being a defensive paint presence.

Nikola Vucevic gives the New Orleans Pelicans the best option of possibly having four big men, who can play the power forward and center positions interchangeably.

What the Magic would probably want for him in any package than besides a scorer would be a team’s 1st round pick. While the price may be steep, it may likely be worth the New Orleans Pelicans to look into, for their long term future.

http://www.foxsports...-vucevic-122716

Getting the Pelicans 1st round pick for Vooch seems pretty optimistic.