Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I will be interested to see what the team do this offseason.

I want us to:

1.Sign Meeks, Keep Gordon, Payton and Mario.

2. With our first round Picks, select a PG and a SF(scorer)

With our Second rounders select a PF and a international big guy that can develop. Maybe trade one of our second, late first and Fournier to move up in the draft for another top 15 pick.

3. Trade Fournier on draft day to move up. Trade either Vuch or Biyombo and Augsutine as a package. Maybe for future 2nd round picks and expirings. We can use our Ibaka trade exception(2,250.000) here if needed. I honestly dont care if somehow we are able to trade Biyombo for Howard at this point. We need to make a splash and change our direction.

4. I will like to bring Jameer back to the magic as our third PG and as our needed veteran presence.

5. Go hard with whatever money is left for a top 3 FA this offseason. I dont really care on the position as long as it is a top FA. We need identity and a name.

I agree with all of this except Howard. I don't want him in any way shape or form. Vuch fournier Watson and DJ are on my got to go list.

It's hard to evaluate Drummond for me

I would in a heartbeat.

Take a look at Drummond last year. This year Stan got weird. I think him being a GM and not just a coach is not a good thing for him and the team.

1. How is Drummond only 23. Feels like hes been in the league for 7 years

2. He might be too bad at free throws to be redeemable.

3. Drummond seems similar to hibbert. Vogel might be able to save him

4. Big contract

4. Big contract

Get Rick Barry to work on his granny shot.

4. Big contract

Probably will never be a decent ft shooter but maybe it can improve to not so wtf is that levels.

3 + previous production = why I would.

I will be interested to see what the team do this offseason.

I want us to:

1.Sign Meeks, Keep Gordon, Payton and Mario.

2. With our first round Picks, select a PG and a SF(scorer)

With our Second rounders select a PF and a international big guy that can develop. Maybe trade one of our second, late first and Fournier to move up in the draft for another top 15 pick.

3. Trade Fournier on draft day to move up. Trade either Vuch or Biyombo and Augsutine as a package. Maybe for future 2nd round picks and expirings. We can use our Ibaka trade exception(2,250.000) here if needed. I honestly dont care if somehow we are able to trade Biyombo for Howard at this point. We need to make a splash and change our direction.

4. I will like to bring Jameer back to the magic as our third PG and as our needed veteran presence.

5. Go hard with whatever money is left for a top 3 FA this offseason. I dont really care on the position as long as it is a top FA. We need identity and a name.

I don't know why anyone would want to invest anymore money in Meeks. He is constantly injured. Sure he's not a terrible player when healthy but the guy is just going to miss 30 games.

Also, the only way I'd want Jameer back is in a assistant coaching role.

Not sure how Biz gets us Dwight.

Trade Vuch for furture second rounders? Huh? If we traded Vuch for expirings and second round picks I'd be beyond upset. Vuch should eaisly net far better return than that.

I'd trade Fournier to move back into the first but it would take more than just him to get back into the mid lottery. Also, you want to draft a PG but also re-sign Payton?

I dont think it was a mistake to let him go. We need the cap space to sing free agents. I was Ok let him go as he didnt do much for us nor he was going to give us more this year. We needed to do something and gamble. I didnt play out well but I am ok with Biyombo at the moment.

Lets put this way. Do you rather sign Meeks(29 year old) at 6-8 millions per year, knowing already what he can bring to the magic or will you rather take a gamble in free agency for a player like Porter(just to give an example) at 12-14 millions a year? You can keep the team the way it is or try to make it better.

My point is that at the time, I was OK with the move because it showed me that we, the Magic, is trying to make moves to improve the team. Unfortunately, it has not panned out on our favor.

Dedmon only costs 3mil

Dedmon only costs 3mil

I realize that and Looking back now it is easy to see how bad it looks.

Not considering the money, however, Keeping Dedmon in our roster maked little sense. He was not going to make us better. That was the idea in signing Biz. He was supposed to make us better. It was a failure.