Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

It really isn't as huge as a deal as you're making it out to be. It's a generalized, itemized, list of players that everyone knows will be available in FA and trades. Not specific targets.

On the one hand, you're right. Not a big deal. Yet on the other hand, given all of the smoke around Henny's lack of job security and lack of tangible success in five years, I think it's a very big deal. Otherwise, it wouldn't be on the front page of the biggest sports media outlet in the world. It's not the kind of attention the organization wants, and I think Henny commenting on it was a mistake.

On the one hand, you're right. Not a big deal. Yet on the other hand, given all of the smoke around Henny's lack of job security and lack of tangible success in five years, I think it's a very big deal. Otherwise, it wouldn't be on the front page of the biggest sports media outlet in the world. It's not the kind of attention the organization wants, and I think Henny commenting on it was a mistake.

The standard response is commenting on it. see the cowboys every year when their draft board gets leaked.

I hate the 5 years reason when 3 of those years the main objective was to suck and then in year 4 Martins and Devos decide to micromanage and facilitate Skiles coming here.

Now it's on Reddit NBA front page...this is horrible for the FO lol

The most interesting thing in that thread is Philly fans saying "Saric might be more skilled but Gordon definitely has the higher ceiling" and Magic fans saying "Saric is so much better than Gordon"

usually you'd see the opposite.

fwiw. Post all star

Saric 18.5 ppg 7.3rpg 3.5 apg 0.8 steals 0.6 blocks 3.0 turnovers on 44/29/79 which ends up being a true shooting % of 52.6%

Gordon 15.9 ppg 6 rpg 1.8 apg 0.9 steals 0.7 blocks 1.0 turnovers on 50/26/82 shooting which is 57.1 TS%

fwiw. Post all star

Saric 18.5 ppg 7.3rpg 3.5 apg 0.8 steals 0.6 blocks 3.0 turnovers on 44/29/79 which ends up being a true shooting % of 52.6%

Gordon 15.9 ppg 6 rpg 1.8 apg 0.9 steals 0.7 blocks 1.0 turnovers on 50/26/82 shooting which is 57.1 TS%

So is Gordon underutilized or is Saric overutilized by their respective teams?

The most interesting thing in that thread is Philly fans saying "Saric might be more skilled but Gordon definitely has the higher ceiling" and Magic fans saying "Saric is so much better than Gordon"

usually you'd see the opposite.

Yeah I saw a lot of people who hated the trade because they thought saric was way better lol

I don't know. they're different players.

I still see a lot of vucevic in Saric. And I remember a lot of us thinking Vucevic was a future stud year 1 with his 20/29 game against Miami, his 25/21 game against Miami, his 30/20 game against Milwaukee, and his 20/13 game against Miami. And Miami won the championship that year.

I am a Gordon fan, i wanted the Magic to draft him.The magic have not used him properly, however he still hasn't shown us what he really can be.

He is a classic tweener and likely will never be a star unless he is on the right team. In other words he will not make multiple all-star games under his own merit.

If he does it will be because he is flourishing on the right team in the right system.