Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I like the concept. How about something even simpler? Make selection for the draft completely random. Every team has exactly the same odds of getting high picks regardless of their record. No more rewards for losing, or penalties for winning.

That'd suck. You need to have some sort of recourse for teams to improve.

I've always been a fan of penalties imposed on repeat lotto teams. Something like you can only pick in the top 8 two years in a row. Third year as a bottom 8 team you move to the back of the lotto. Or you're removed from the lotto and just pick 14th.

Or you can make it progressive.

But it stops constant bottoming out, penalizes inept teams, but doesn't eliminate all hope for the Minnesota's or Utah's of the world that have geographic constraints in building teams.

Yeah. It would be terrible. All teams would be on an even footing and would somehow have to find a way to improve without the wonderful tanking method. How awful that would be.

Yeah. It would be terrible. All teams would be on an even footing and would somehow have to find a way to improve without the wonderful tanking method. How awful that would be.

No. You'd just leave teams in purgatory.

If you're dead set on stopping tanking just get rid of the draft and rookie scale contracts entirely. Put rookies straight into the free agency pool.

I like the concept. How about something even simpler? Make selection for the draft completely random. Every team has exactly the same odds of getting high picks regardless of their record. No more rewards for losing, or penalties for winning.

But than you get the cavs or warriors getting a top 5 pick.

The basis of the draft is and I think should be to help terrible teams get better. I guess I just think teams should respect the game more than they do.

I've always been a fan of penalties imposed on repeat lotto teams. Something like you can only pick in the top 8 two years in a row. Third year as a bottom 8 team you move to the back of the lotto. Or you're removed from the lotto and just pick 14th.

Or you can make it progressive.

But it stops constant bottoming out, penalizes inept teams, but doesn't eliminate all hope for the Minnesota's or Utah's of the world that have geographic constraints in building teams.

Baitin

Are the Lakers killing Russell? Just put up a 5 point 7 turnover 6 foul game

23rd and Vuch for Russell? I feel like the Lakers have been weird with Russell from day one for some reason.

23rd and Vuch for Russell? I feel like the Lakers have been weird with Russell from day one for some reason.

He's a sg in a pg body. Nik is worth more than that alone.

He's a sg in a pg body. Nik is worth more than that alone.

No, no he's not.

God forbid we took any minutes away from your beloved Payton.