Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Apparently, he didnt seem so excited at the press conference. He didnt answer the question in regards he free agency.

He said it is too soon to talk about that. Interesting answer as he said he wanted to resign with Orlando once he was traded here.

I guess he felt the cold weather.

Great...if thats how he feels get him to sign a 3 yr 24 million contract as a free agent this summer. THats all he is worth.

Imagine what Pop could turn Gordon into....

With LA and Leonard there, I'd say a bench player. Same as he'd be on any good team right now.

Listening to a interview from Denton & Kyler:

Serge never bought in to the team.

Always by himself.

Did not mesh at all with the guys.

Always was a feeling that he was gonna leave even from a few months ago.

The chemistry was very poor.

Something clearly was not right.

Listening to a interview from Denton & Kyler:

Serge never bought in to the team.

Always by himself.

Did not mesh at all with the guys.

Always was a feeling that he was gonna leave even from a few months ago.

The chemistry was very poor.

Something clearly was not right.

He probably looked around and thought, "Jeff Green is starting?! Wtf?! Really?! Wait, CJ is starting now too?! ****, wish I was in Africa right now."

@stevekylerNBA

It was a little obvious Ibaka did not bond with his Magic teammates but hearing guys had real issues with him and happy to see the change.

Heard that Serge really struggled with how Magic young guys wanted to play & he just never bought in belief is he'll fit better with Raptors

While his pending free agency was a factor it was not the biggest factor in the decison - attitude, expected role, age played biggest role

@stevekylerNBA

It was a little obvious Ibaka did not bond with his Magic teammates but hearing guys had real issues with him and happy to see the change.

Heard that Serge really struggled with how Magic young guys wanted to play & he just never bought in belief is he'll fit better with Raptors

While his pending free agency was a factor it was not the biggest factor in the decison - attitude, expected role, age played biggest role

This is what Vuch was probably alluding to in the post game.

So Zach lowe mentioned on his podcast that oladipo's shooting is falling back down again. I went and checked and it looks like he's doing the exact same thing he did the previous two years. 1 stretch of games with awesome shooting, in this case he started the season 20 games 17.3 ppg on 47/41/68 shooting. But since that stretch he's gone 28 games, 15.4 ppg on 43/31/78 shooting. You might remember last year where he had a 33 game stretch where he put up 19 ppg on 48/41/84 shooting or 14-15 where he had a 23 game stretch where he averaged 21 ppg on 42/36/82 shooting.

my hypothesis over the past few years was his experience and role were impacting his game and while I didn't think he'd be a 40% shooter I figured as he improves he'd be a reliable 36% shooter.

But he's got westbrook getting the most attention now. his usage is down. And while his shooting efficiency is up a little bit due to shooting a higher volume of threes, his overall numbers look almost identical to last year.

He's almost 25. He's in the role he's meant for now. when is he going to turn into the reliable player? Wonder if we dodged a bullet there?

So Zach lowe mentioned on his podcast that oladipo's shooting is falling back down again. I went and checked and it looks like he's doing the exact same thing he did the previous two years. 1 stretch of games with awesome shooting, in this case he started the season 20 games 17.3 ppg on 47/41/68 shooting. But since that stretch he's gone 28 games, 15.4 ppg on 43/31/78 shooting. You might remember last year where he had a 33 game stretch where he put up 19 ppg on 48/41/84 shooting or 14-15 where he had a 23 game stretch where he averaged 21 ppg on 42/36/82 shooting.

my hypothesis over the past few years was his experience and role were impacting his game and while I didn't think he'd be a 40% shooter I figured as he improves he'd be a reliable 36% shooter.

But he's got westbrook getting the most attention now. his usage is down. And while his shooting efficiency is up a little bit due to shooting a higher volume of threes, his overall numbers look almost identical to last year.

He's almost 25. He's in the role he's meant for now. when is he going to turn into the reliable player? Wonder if we dodged a bullet there?

Oladipo's will never be a consistent shooter. Why?

His form. That release is no good. Basketball mechanics 101.

Dipo is what he is. An inconsistent offensive player but brings good energy (wreckless energy st times) and good defense.

If you go on Thunder forums they're already veryyyy split on Dipo--plenty not happy with him.