Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Phil's trying to get the Nets pick by dangling Carmelo to the Celtics.

I think that would be a bad trade for the Celtics. I honestly think Ibaka would be better for them than Melo.

I think that would be a bad trade for the Celtics. I honestly think Ibaka would be better for them than Melo.

yeah, there's a good argument for that. They have a good offense already and Thomas is more than capable of handling late game scoring responsibility. Their defense sucks and they need rim protection.

yeah, there's a good argument for that. They have a good offense already and Thomas is more than capable of handling late game scoring responsibility. Their defense sucks and they need rim protection.

Yeah, don't see them doing either trade, but Boston trading for Melo would hurt their team, in my opinion. Ibaka seems like a much better fit for what they have going on there.

You're basically making the point that we'd have to overpay for every free agent so that our offer trumps other situations.

there are a ton of other options

1. Mike Zarren.

2. Gersson Rosas

3. Travis Schlenk - he actually was a member of our front office in 97

4. Adam Simon

No that's not what I'm saying at all. We need a GM that doesn't give Bismack Biyombo $72m because he likes his spirit and toughness. We need a GM that gives him that money (or doesn't) because of his actual basketball ability.

Gersson Rosas, resigned a few months in with the Mavs and went straight back to Morey. No experience building a team.

Mike Zarren, a cap and statistical and analytical guy but again no experience building a team

Travis Schlenk, reports to Bob Myers as assistant GM. OK could get behind

Adam Simon, head of skyforce and also assistant GM. OK could get behind.

Two out of those four choices look passable. My question is why roll the dice when you know exactly what you're getting with Hinkie?

P4TW I believe you called some sort of mid season collapse by the Bulls before the season. It appears it has reached its peak. They are a mess and Rondo just added to it on instagram lol.

P4TW I believe you called some sort of mid season collapse by the Bulls before the season. It appears it has reached its peak. They are a mess and Rondo just added to it on instagram lol.

Don't give me credit for that. Every basketball analyst called the same thing

‏@l8show_thegoat Officially stepping back into the game,looking for a good fit but it shouldn't be long now,I really missed the game,I think it missed me 2

Larry Sanders anybody?

Don't give me credit for that. Every basketball analyst called the same thing

Well all of you hit it out the park with this one. Can they cut Rondo and just let Wade walk next year?

‏@l8show_thegoat Officially stepping back into the game,looking for a good fit but it shouldn't be long now,I really missed the game,I think it missed me 2

Larry Sanders anybody?

He has already worked out for the Celtics. They're a strong team for any and everyone.

“I think it’s warranted. Quite frankly, it’s a good thing. I think the passion the fans have is great. I love the fact they are trying to grill my behind. This job is so complex and there are so many layers to this thing. The rebuilding project that we’re on is hard. We’re not looking for excuses. Absolutely not.

But we still feel like we have done a solid job. Have we done a perfect job? Absolutely not. But we also don’t think we’re that far away. We really don’t. We think we’re a tweak or two away. We think there are still some things internally we need to clean up. I think it’s a good thing and it comes with the territory. I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

I think the passion the fans have is great. I love the fact they are trying to grill my behind. This job is so complex and there are so many layers to this thing.

The rebuilding project that we’re on is hard. We’re not looking for excuses. Absolutely not. But we still feel like we have done a solid job. Have we done a perfect job? Absolutely not. But we also don’t think we’re that far away. We really don’t.

We think we’re a tweak or two away. We think there are still some things internally we need to clean up. I think it’s a good thing and it comes with the territory. I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

http://www.foxsports...orts-Yardbarker

I'm afraid to ask what we're a tweak or two away from.