Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Yeah I think the praise is mainly due to the fact that he didnt half-ass the tank, got the best odds. But in reality, any idiot can do that.

I think this is dishonest. He made so many trades for players and picks and more picks. We can probably count with our hands how many trades Rob has made. Try doing that with Hinkie.

That's not something that any idiot can do.

I think this is dishonest. He made so many trades for players and picks and more picks. We can probably count with our hands how many trades Rob has made. Try doing that with Hinkie.

That's not something that any idiot can do.

He drafted players then dumped them for distant second rounders. We did that too but just not the same frequency. Will it make you feel better if we dump Zimmerman on Sacramento for their 2022 and 2023 second rounders?

He drafted players then dumped them for distant second rounders. We did that too but just not the same frequency. Will it make you feel better if we dump Zimmerman on Sacramento for their 2022 and 2023 second rounders?

Again oversimplification:

June 27, 2013: Traded Ricky Ledo to the Dallas Mavericks for a 2014 2nd round draft pick (Russ Smith was later selected).

>winning trade. Ledo for a 2nd round pick that was actually conveyed.

July 12, 2013: Traded Jrue Holiday and Pierre Jackson to the New Orleans Pelicans for Nerlens Noel and a 2014 1st round draft pick (Elfrid Payton was later selected).

>don't have to explain this I hope

July 13, 2013: Traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Houston Rockets for Furkan Aldemir, Royce White and cash. (Top-55 protected, so never conveyed)

>basically got a free player in Aldemir. Win

August 22, 2013: Traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for Tony Wroten. (Pick is top-50 and 56-60 protected and was not conveyed)

>another free player. Win

February 20, 2014: As part of a 3-team trade, the Philadelphia 76ers traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Washington Wizards; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2016 2nd round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers; the Denver Nuggets traded Andre Miller to the Washington Wizards; the Washington Wizards traded Jan Vesely to the Denver Nuggets; and the Washington Wizards traded Eric Maynor and a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Arturas Gudaitis was later selected) to the Philadelphia 76ers. (2014 2nd-rd pick was protected and not conveyed)

>Another free player. Win

February 20, 2014: Traded Spencer Hawes to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Earl Clark, Henry Sims, a 2014 2nd round draft pick and a 2014 2nd round draft pick.

>more ammunition to get more free players. Win

Clearly I can keep going but all these trades even though minor are all wins and free chances to evaluate players while not giving up a dime. You can't do all these trades without some kind of plan and a system. It's not just blatant tanking and punting picks.

In contrast, we traded Harkless for nothing:

The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired forward Maurice Harkless from the Orlando Magic in exchange for a 2020 second round draft pick (Protected from picks 31 through 55), it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations Neil Olshey.

>basically no chance we get this pick

Got nothing for Napier. Nothing for Frye. Gave away Jake Layman for cash and a 2019 2nd round pick that may not make a difference. All these moves are small but they are losing trades. At least Hinkie gets something. So no, we haven't been doing the same thing.

Again oversimplification:

June 27, 2013: Traded Ricky Ledo to the Dallas Mavericks for a 2014 2nd round draft pick (Russ Smith was later selected).

>winning trade. Ledo for a 2nd round pick that was actually conveyed.

July 12, 2013: Traded Jrue Holiday and Pierre Jackson to the New Orleans Pelicans for Nerlens Noel and a 2014 1st round draft pick (Elfrid Payton was later selected).

>don't have to explain this I hope

July 13, 2013: Traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Houston Rockets for Furkan Aldemir, Royce White and cash. (Top-55 protected, so never conveyed)

>basically got a free player in Aldemir. Win

August 22, 2013: Traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for Tony Wroten. (Pick is top-50 and 56-60 protected and was not conveyed)

>another free player. Win

February 20, 2014: As part of a 3-team trade, the Philadelphia 76ers traded a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Washington Wizards; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2016 2nd round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers; the Denver Nuggets traded Andre Miller to the Washington Wizards; the Washington Wizards traded Jan Vesely to the Denver Nuggets; and the Washington Wizards traded Eric Maynor and a 2015 2nd round draft pick (Arturas Gudaitis was later selected) to the Philadelphia 76ers. (2014 2nd-rd pick was protected and not conveyed)

>Another free player. Win

February 20, 2014: Traded Spencer Hawes to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Earl Clark, Henry Sims, a 2014 2nd round draft pick and a 2014 2nd round draft pick.

>more ammunition to get more free players. Win

Clearly I can keep going but all these trades even though minor are all wins and free chances to evaluate players while not giving up a dime. You can't do all these trades without some kind of plan and a system. It's not just blatant tanking and punting picks.

In contrast, we traded Harkless for nothing:

>basically no chance we get this pick

Got nothing for Napier. Nothing for Frye. Gave away Jake Layman for cash and a 2019 2nd round pick that may not make a difference. All these moves are small but they are losing trades. At least Hinkie gets something. So no, we haven't been doing the same thing.

Yeah. He traded prospects for picks. Then selected prospects. Then flipped those prospects for picks.

He dumped every average prospect he got from those picks for future picks.

Because he wanted to be the worst team. We didn't. He made 12 second round picks. Only 2 guys remained on Philly's roster when Hinkie was fired.

So i say again, would it make you happy if we dumped Zimmerman for two future seconds because that's what Philly did.

Also i believe we traded Layman for a second round pick that we then flipped for meeks

I mean it's pretty cool that Hinkie had the set up that he was able to field the worst team in nba history and dump every asset he had for future assets.

But he also pissed of the agents so much by doing so that the league intervened and installed a new regime. And he simultaneously tanked the value of two lotto picks that are now untradable.

But the question remains. Why should we want Hinkie and not one of the many other prospective gms that also have capable scouting and player evaluation?

Yeah. He traded prospects for picks. Then selected prospects. Then flipped those prospects for picks.

He dumped every average prospect he got from those picks for future picks.

Because he wanted to be the worst team. We didn't. He made 12 second round picks. Only 2 guys remained on Philly's roster when Hinkie was fired.

So i say again, would it make you happy if we dumped Zimmerman for two future seconds because that's what Philly did.

Also i believe we traded Layman for a second round pick that we then flipped for meeks

Goodness P4W, are you Rob Hennigan? I mean if we fire Rob, does that me you go away?

You post non stop garbage defending Rob and his thoughts, his picks, his trades, his drafts, his vision and his architecting ability. Are you in bed with this guy? Is Rob black mailing you? Are you the actual GM of the Magic?

Goodness P4W, are you Rob Hennigan? I mean if we fire Rob, does that me you go away?

You post non stop garbage defending Rob and his thoughts, his picks, his trades, his drafts, his vision and his architecting ability. Are you in bed with this guy? Is Rob black mailing you? Are you the actual GM of the Magic?

Think he's presenting facts that are overlooked when one is frustrated.

At this point the team needs to start a lineup of Payton, Mario, AG, Ibaka, VUC. We really need to keep losing while developing Mario and get a high draft pick.

I don't think it's fair to have your cake and eat it too.

you cant complain about not winning enough and not losing enough

you cant want the team to push for growth but then complain when the team doesn't institute policies that are harmful to growth.

And if you want a new GM, why Hinkie when there are several other good GM candidates both on the analytic side and on the personnel side that could potentially be better than Hinkie given Hinkie's poor talent evaluation.

I don't think it's fair to have your cake and eat it too.

you cant complain about not winning enough and not losing enough

you cant want the team to push for growth but then complain when the team doesn't institute policies that are harmful to growth.

And if you want a new GM, why Hinkie when there are several other good GM candidates both on the analytic side and on the personnel side that could potentially be better than Hinkie given Hinkie's poor talent evaluation.

I think you might be overrating the attractiveness of our GM position.