Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I was wrong. he shot 35%, not 38%.

we won the game because we held them to a low field goal percentage.

if you think scoring 17 points on 17 shots, 4 turnovers, and 6 fouls is beasting because the dude had 12 uncontested defensive rebounds while his team was massively outrebounded throughout the game it just goes to show you don't really understand what you're watching.

You just don't get it. But that's okay, you have more time to post your opinion than anyone here it seems so if you say it enough it must be right.

You just don't get it. But that's okay, you have more time to post your opinion than anyone here it seems so if you say it enough it must be right.

nah man, you don't get it. Its a similar issue to you thinking Payton had a good game against the Knicks. You either don't watch the game closely enough or you only absorb things that fit your confirmation bias.

I thought Gordon played great on Giannis. Nearly all his rebounds were uncontested defensive rebounds like P4TW said, so if you don't hold much weight to that like you shouldn't, then he scored 17 on 17 shots with 4 turnovers and minimal rebounding impact. Giannis's shots regularly don't go down (28.8% from 3 and 53% from 2, which I'm sure have a tonne of dunks and layups) but he still manages to take over games, he wasn't able to do that against us. I'm not sure how many possessions AG defended Parker but I don't remember him beating him much?

Really good interview of Henny by Robbins: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-rob-hennigan-interview-0124-story.html

Henny says repeatedly that the team needs to add shooting, shot creation and basketball iq on the perimeter. Says the team wants to be aggressive at the deadline. My take? Anyone and everyone is available via trade if it'll help the team.

nah man, you don't get it. Its a similar issue to you thinking Payton had a good game against the Knicks. You either don't watch the game closely enough or you only absorb things that fit your confirmation bias.

I don't think that's the best example to prove the point you're trying to make.

I thought Gordon played great on Giannis. Nearly all his rebounds were uncontested defensive rebounds like P4TW said, so if you don't hold much weight to that like you shouldn't, then he scored 17 on 17 shots with 4 turnovers and minimal rebounding impact. Giannis's shots regularly don't go down (28.8% from 3 and 53% from 2, which I'm sure have a tonne of dunks and layups) but he still manages to take over games, he wasn't able to do that against us. I'm not sure how many possessions AG defended Parker but I don't remember him beating him much?

I didn't think AG did poorly by any means, I just wouldn't go so far as to say he shut down Giannis though...which is where the conversation started. Giannis was able to do the things he normally does, he just missed a few more shots than he usually does-which as you mentioned its not uncommon for him to have cold shooting nights. He averages 3 to's a game because he takes a lot of chances. Him getting 4 to's is unremarkable given his usage.

Really good interview of Henny by Robbins: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-rob-hennigan-interview-0124-story.html

Henny says repeatedly that the team needs to add shooting, shot creation and basketball iq on the perimeter. Says the team wants to be aggressive at the deadline. My take? Anyone and everyone is available via trade if it'll help the team.

As it should be, though it sounds like Rob wants no part in a high pick in this draft.

Sounds like a trade is definite and anyone can go.

What's crazy about the article is Rob is the guy that put this roster together, a roster he admits over and over again lacks shooting, shot creation and basketball iq. What did he think would happen paying or drafting high Payton, Green, Gordon and Biz? Did he think he could simply add Augustin, Meeks and Ibaka? This isn't some jigsaw puzzle. Dude adds very one dimensional players instead of building a team with any sort of cohesive offensive plan or well rounded players. It's nuts to me.

What's crazy about the article is Rob is the guy that put this roster together, a roster he admits over and over again lacks shooting, shot creation and basketball iq. What did he think would happen paying or drafting high Payton, Green, Gordon and Biz? Did he think he could simply add Augustin, Meeks and Ibaka? This isn't some jigsaw puzzle. Dude adds very one dimensional players instead of building a team with any sort of cohesive offensive plan or well rounded players. It's nuts to me.

Don't think Rob had AG and Mario as his first options.

Parker and Wiggins as well as Porzingis.

He's good at evaluating talent but horrendous at actually building a structured team.