Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Just wanted to give a quick nod to Payton and his body of work lately. He is averaging 21 and 8 over his last five games, which is fantastic despite the small sample size. The only players to average 21 and 8 this season are Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, and Wall. He is averaging 14 and 6 since DEC 1st. Keep pushing #4!

Just wanted to give a quick nod to Payton and his body of work lately. He is averaging 21 and 8 over his last five games, which is fantastic despite the small sample size. The only players to average 21 and 8 this season are Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, and Wall. He is averaging 14 and 6 since DEC 1st. Keep pushing #4!

Love that positivity. Not much left to feel good about but at least he and AG seem to be progressing

Yes AG has stepped it up too, using the same DEC 1st timeframe as the starting point- he is averaging 13 and 5, which is solid as well. His scoring has definitely improved.

Yes AG has stepped it up too, using the same DEC 1st timeframe as the starting point- he is averaging 13 and 5, which is solid as well. His scoring has definitely improved.

13 and 5 is not impressive. I loved the pick of Gordon but I see his ceiling lowering ever day. He just doesn't get IT. He can't shoot and he can't dribble drive. If you're going to play sf u gotta have one or the other.

13 and 5 is not impressive. I loved the pick of Gordon but I see his ceiling lowering ever day. He just doesn't get IT. He can't shoot and he can't dribble drive. If you're going to play sf u gotta have one or the other.

He's inconsistent on offense. That's ok.

On defense this month he's shut down Carmelo, both Portland guards, harden, and Giannis. That's a really rare talent.

He's inconsistent on offense. That's ok.

On defense this month he's shut down Carmelo, both Portland guards, harden, and Giannis. That's a really rare talent.

Defense yes but got owned by Durant on both ends. His offense when bad is miserable and he does not understand how to adjust it during games.

I hope we give Anthony Brown a legit shot. He's got great size and can shoot, and he was compared to Danny Green coming out.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/draft/results/players/news/_/id/20173/anthony-brown

"Green is the guy most NBA scouts cite when talking about him. Given his age and low analytics scores, he looks more like a second-round prospect right now but I could see him sneaking into the first round the same way his teammate, Josh Huestis, did last year. He's got good size for his position, is a good athlete and, for the second year in a row, he's shooting better than 45 percent from 3."

Defense yes but got owned by Durant on both ends. His offense when bad is miserable and he does not understand how to adjust it during games.

Cant judge a guy based on Durant owning him

The one thing I see about AG is his inability to take advantage of his matchups. Smaller guys he seems to get it by posting them up. Durant is a hard cover period because of his length and agility but he should've been attacking the rim more. Guys who are longer, he needs to use that first step more.

I'm very ready to move on from Watson and Jeff Green. They have a combined PER of 16.5. It's time we let the young guys get some burn to develop.

The issue with Orlando being in win-now mode, however, is that Gordon’s usage percentage is below the likes of Nikola Vucevic, Evan Fournier, Serge Ibaka, Elfrid Payton and is tied with D.J. Augustin. Vucevic, Fournier, Ibaka and Payton are all relatively close, being separated by 2.9 percent or less. Gordon is a couple points below, and Orlando needs to move him up the ladder.

In the 10 games they’ve played in January, Gordon’s usage is even down a little bit from his season total, dipping from 19.8 to 19. Orlando is 2–8 in that time.

There is no telling whether featuring Gordon more would translate to wins, as he is still growing as a player. But using other players more isn’t working, so why not put the best young player behind the wheel and see how good of a driver he is?

A player Gordon may have a similar ceiling as is the one drafted two spots ahead of him in the 2014 draft: Jabari Parker.

Gordon would love to be in Parker’s situation right now. Not only does he play within a stable organization with a transcendent superstar on the rise, he is playing at the right position! And whenever Gordon is back at power forward full-time, he could end up being just as effective as Parker — who has burst onto the scene this season.

https://16winsaring....d302#.586s6xrv7