Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Well he did say AG would be his 4 if Ibaka wasn't here.

Never cared for D'Antoni but you look at our squad and he might've been able to make it work offensively. Pretty sure he would've ditch Payton though.

I don't know if I believe Vogel. He could play Gordon at the 4 with the 2nd unit instead of Biyombo, if he wanted to.

And yes, D'Antoni would've ditched Payton

To be fair, D'antoni offenses have worked only under two of the most gifted players to ever play in the NBA (Nash, Harden). He coaches well to their strengths, but there's no one even borderline on that level on our team.

True. Finding a guy that can dribble, pass and shoot is the hard part.

To be fair, D'antoni offenses have worked only under two of the most gifted players to ever play in the NBA (Nash, Harden). He coaches well to their strengths, but there's no one even borderline on that level on our team.

Good point.

God I wish we had one of those.

That would be great, but Vogel doesn't seem to be too fond of small ball.

I actually suggested D'Antoni when Skiles resigned, even though Vogel was my favorite at the time, but now I'd like to see us with D'Antoni

We don't have the personnel for Dantoni. He would have failed.

We have Ibaka and Biyombo -- big guys that work well in Vogels system. I doubt they could work as well in Dantoni's system.

Good point.

God I wish we had one of those.

Vuc has improved a lot, but I think we should use him in a trade to get a decent PG.

decent PG / Fournier / Mario / Gordon / Ibaka

Biz off the bench

We don't have the personnel for Dantoni. He would have failed.

We have Ibaka and Biyombo -- big guys that work well in Vogels system. I doubt they could work as well in Dantoni's system.

I think they could do well, but not together. One as the starting center and the other as the backup center

Lol D'Antoni is not the longterm answer to this team. Our team needs a consistent go-to player. AG and EP have shown flashes but last night were abysmal.

Strangely enough, to gain consistency requires consistent lineup. I believe in this team -- for now -- with the addition of putting AG more at his natural PF position and allowing Mario more PT. Mario could become the gifted offensive player we need.

Lol D'Antoni is not the longterm answer to this team. Our team needs a consistent go-to player. AG and EP have shown flashes but last night were abysmal.

Strangely enough, to gain consistency requires consistent lineup. I believe in this team -- for now -- with the addition of putting AG more at his natural PF position and allowing Mario more PT. Mario could become the gifted offensive player we need.

I don't think offense was really the problem.

Eventually we need to play some defense.

• Upvote 1

Sure, which is strange how we've become completely different compared to the way we were playing earlier in the season. Any thoughts on this? Where's the #1 defense that showed up for 13 straight games? Perhaps we are having locker room issues?

No but there were times when we could've use that guy. We need an offensive player, go to guy, 20 a night guy bad.

Our team defense, specifically backcourt, was below par.

No but there were tims when we could've use that guy. We need an offensive player, go to guy, 20 a night guy bad.

Our team defense, specifically backcourt, was below par.

Which has been a problem for years...