Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Didn't Divac and the kings want Mario in the Draft? If they still belive in Mario thats a great trade for the Kings. Get a young player for Gay (who is gone after that season).

Mario is more valuable than Vucevic

Can't believe we're talking about Rudy Gay. Our franchise has bottomed out

Henny hasn't done a reactionary trade. My opinion: The Dipo trade for Ibaka solidifies our identity longterm as a defensive juggernaut. I see the plan.

Henny hasn't done a reactionary trade. My opinion: The Dipo trade for Ibaka solidifies our identity longterm as a defensive juggernaut. I see the plan.

So what's the plan then from this point forward in your opinion?

I agree too. We need someone, not Gay, who can long term grow with the team and be an offensive weapon.

Ha ha ha, if only the point was to win with the lowest points possible, this would of been a great plan.

Instead it was reactionary, just like the Harris trade, just like the Scott hiring, just like the Scott firing, just like signing Biyombo for 17M per.

Only issue I have with trading Vuc is that we need another rebounder or else we are *****ed , our bench can't rebound as we saw when Vuc was out. Also the thought of playing Onuaku as the main backup makes me mad.

Only issue I have with trading Vuc is that we need another rebounder or else we are *****ed , our bench can't rebound as we saw when Vuc was out. Also the thought of playing Onuaku as the main backup makes me mad.

You know I have been trying to think of a great move to our team but it just doesn't exist with what we have. No one in the league wants Elf as a starting PG, so he can't be in anything alone. Vuc could net something alone but it would be another expiring contract. We are not trading Ibaka after giving up the world for him. We are not trading Gordon, because that would just loot god awful to trade all your High picks. Mario might as well be our Human Cigar Darko, except we will never light it. We are over the cap and our roster is so bad that no FAs want to come here, unless we offer like 70M to block and rebound.

In other words, we did enough already to hurt ourselves... we should stand still and wait it out. End of the year, we do some serious revaluation.

So what's the plan then from this point forward in your opinion?

I agree too. We need someone, not Gay, who can long term grow with the team and be an offensive weapon.

I agree with you. Vuc is clearly trade bait. The person we need is sitting on the bench, and quietly watching from the sidelines: Mario Hezonja.

If Vuc is traded, I agree that the Boston package is best, but not sure if letting go of Payton in that package is worth it.

Thoughts?

Ha ha ha, if only the point was to win with the lowest points possible, this would of been a great plan.

Instead it was reactionary, just like the Harris trade, just like the Scott hiring, just like the Scott firing, just like signing Biyombo for 17M per.

The plan is clearly not finished, but at least in the right direction. When this team clicks consistently you'll start to believe.

You know I have been trying to think of a great move to our team but it just doesn't exist with what we have. No one in the league wants Elf as a starting PG, so he can't be in anything alone. Vuc could net something alone but it would be another expiring contract. We are not trading Ibaka after giving up the world for him. We are not trading Gordon, because that would just loot god awful to trade all your High picks. Mario might as well be our Human Cigar Darko, except we will never light it. We are over the cap and our roster is so bad that no FAs want to come here, unless we offer like 70M to block and rebound.

In other words, we did enough already to hurt ourselves... we should stand still and wait it out. End of the year, we do some serious revaluation.

Nah. You're exaggerating. Keep Payton. Ibaka is foundational to new identity. We gave up the world for him? I look at it as such: Ibaka > Dipo. Over the cap? No, we are not, and we won't be because the mathematics really don't apply when resigning your own players. We have flexibility with the Green signing.

Darko was traded for a late lottery pick