Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Take another look at the game and watch Green shuffling around the court without any apparent interest in being out there. Watch the two weak passes he made, without being under any pressure, both of which became turnovers. A reason, possibly a key reason, that we're inconsistent is that our effort (for some but not all players) is wildly inconsistent also. We have a hard enough time winning when everyone puts out 100%. At 75%, we get embarrassed and blown out.

if we're going to talk about inconsistent effort specific to Jeff Green that's totally different than collective effort. Augustin and Meeks were flying around while missing shots.

Orlando Magic PR ‏@Magic_PR

The Orlando Magic have recalled C.J. Wilcox and Stephen Zimmerman from Erie of the NBA Development League.

Kinda odd

not really. that's pretty typical. it could mean something. it could mean nothing.

Like Gordon going off for 33 could be just a good game or we could be trying to up his trade value.

if we're going to talk about inconsistent effort specific to Jeff Green that's totally different than collective effort. Augustin and Meeks were flying around while missing shots.

You're right but it wasn't just Green. I thought Payton didn't look all that interested either. The other guys were mostly trying but we need all 5 at 100% effort, especially against a team like Toronto.

You're right but it wasn't just Green. I thought Payton didn't look all that interested either. The other guys were mostly trying but we need all 5 at 100% effort, especially against a team like Toronto.

Payton is probably sick of backing up DJ who has been sucking.

Imo there is some serious chemistry issues on this team. Not sure where it's coming from. But I don't think the blend is right. A leader is needed and Evan ain't it.

Payton is probably sick of backing up DJ who has been sucking.

Imo there is some serious chemistry issues on this team. Not sure where it's coming from. But I don't think the blend is right. A leader is needed and Evan ain't it.

Don't, please. I can't take anymore excuses for Payton. He's played well as a backup, and he should stay that, for exactly the reason that he's made a career of showing up intermittently. I agree that DJ is not a starting PG either. We need a leader, true, but Payton isn't it either, specifically because he gets disinterested for games at a time. At least Evan is consistent in what he does well and he is consistent with his effort. If I had to pick a guy from this team as a leader, yea, Evan is it. Maybe Gordon once he figures his game out, but Evan's the best we have right now.

Don't, please. I can't take anymore excuses for Payton. He's played well as a backup, and he should stay that, for exactly the reason that he's made a career of showing up intermittently. I agree that DJ is not a starting PG either. We need a leader, true, but Payton isn't it either, specifically because he gets disinterested for games at a time. At least Evan is consistent in what he does well and he is consistent with his effort. If I had to pick a guy from this team as a leader, yea, Evan is it. Maybe Gordon once he figures his game out, but Evan's the best we have right now.

I never said Payton was a leader. Does not have the personality for it. Evan is not a leader either. Vogel has put the ball in his hands way too much and he is a bad facilitator. Other players have to see this, they are not blind.

Most agree that Evan is in the wrong role. The sooner that role ends the better.

I never said Payton was a leader. Does not have the personality for it. Evan is not a leader either. Vogel has put the ball in his hands way too much and he is a bad facilitator. Other players have to see this, they are not blind.

Most agree that Evan is in the wrong role. The sooner that role ends the better.

I agree, Even's not a floor leader. As far as his role, he's out of his depth as a player. But his approach to the game seems good. He seems to learn quickly, he plays hard, and he is competitive. He has the personality, it seems, but unfortunately he doesn't quite have the talent. Then again, it's hard to know how guys interact off the floor. Maybe Fournier is a bit of a loner. Or maybe he has trouble relating to his American teammates (few as they are). I don't know that. But on the floor, from a personality standpoint, I like his intensity and consistent effort.

• Upvote 1

What do you suggest?

Tank as u call it. Or **** or get off the pot. This trying to squeak into the playoffs with journeyman players is bs pure and simple.

Playing Gordon Mario Payton Evan ibaka biz the bulk of the minutes is what I would suggest. Tank by default or just maybe they develop some continuity and win. At least you will find out who you want to keep. Everyone else would be on the trading block unless u decide that one or more of the young players is not going to get it done. Then they can be packaged in a deal.

Vuch would be shopped around first as he probably has the most value.

That's my two cents.

Tank as u call it. Or **** or get off the pot. This trying to squeak into the playoffs with journeyman players is bs pure and simple.

Playing Gordon Mario Payton Evan ibaka biz the bulk of the minutes is what I would suggest. Tank by default or just maybe they develop some continuity and win. At least you will find out who you want to keep. Everyone else would be on the trading block unless u decide that one or more of the young players is not going to get it done. Then they can be packaged in a deal.

That's my two cents.

Nice. We're on the exact same page

That's my two cents.

I disagree. I think squeaking into the playoffs is fine -- playoff basketball is necessary for young talent to develop and become hungrier for next season. Losing stunts development. Getting there also makes us more respectable in FA