Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Is Mario the most disappointing draft pick in recent Magic history? Take away Fran, and he may be. Mario was drafted 5th overall and is currently our 12th man.

His playing time may be the most jacked around in NBA history. They have destroyed his confidence. Period!!!!

His playing time may be the most jacked around in NBA history. They have destroyed his confidence. Period!!!!

I agree, though when he does get playing time he tends to make very obvious mistakes. Last night, between the awkward shoe tying incident and three immediate turnovers, we saw it.

I think you guys who talk about the team giving up or lacking pride or something are completely missing the point.

we have rotation of 7 inconsistent offensive players, Fournier, and Biyombo who is a consistent defense only guy.

When those inconsistent guys all have great games, we look like the best offensive team in the league.

When we get 3-4 of those guys playing well we look ok.

when we get less than that we look terrible.

blaming it on effort is misdiagnosing the problem. the problem has been there for the last 5 months. It's been there in the wins and the losses.

Last night we just missed shots. That sounds like I'm just putting it off but I'm not. because it's not an outlier where we'll just hit our numbers going forward. any game going forward we could put up 79 points or 115 points and it all depends on what we get from the role players that night. It needs to be addressed. We'll never be able to reasonably execute a gameplan if we continue to have such dynamic swings of offensive efficiency.

I think you guys who talk about the team giving up or lacking pride or something are completely missing the point.

we have rotation of 7 inconsistent offensive players, Fournier, and Biyombo who is a consistent defense only guy.

When those inconsistent guys all have great games, we look like the best offensive team in the league.

When we get 3-4 of those guys playing well we look ok.

when we get less than that we look terrible.

blaming it on effort is misdiagnosing the problem. the problem has been there for the last 5 months. It's been there in the wins and the losses.

Last night we just missed shots. That sounds like I'm just putting it off but I'm not. because it's not an outlier where we'll just hit our numbers going forward. any game going forward we could put up 79 points or 115 points and it all depends on what we get from the role players that night. It needs to be addressed. We'll never be able to reasonably execute a gameplan if we continue to have such dynamic swings of offensive efficiency.

Which is why I think Rob will make a move.

We should have a new name for our team, we should call this team the Orlando Project Team, or the Orlando Work In Progress.

I feel like I have to say this once a month but

"Welcome to life without a consistent 'All-NBA' player". This is what every other franchise but us, the Lakers, and the Spurs have had to deal with for long stretches over the past 30 years.

• Upvote 1

Which is why I think Rob will make a move.

you'd think so. Still depends on what deal is out there.

a flawed, frustrating roster is better than mortgaging the future.

you'd think so. Still depends on what deal is out there.

a flawed, frustrating roster is better than mortgaging the future.

Don't think the future is so bright with this bunch.

I don't think you go for the Lou Williams, Gays and Bledsoes of the NBA, well Gay if Cousins is included. You got to get someone who grows with this roster.

We've talked about it before. 26 range.

Don't think the future is so bright with this bunch.

I don't think you go for the Lou Williams, Gays and Bledsoes of the NBA, well Gay if Cousins is included. You got to get someone who grows with this roster.

We've talked about it before. 26 range.

I agree. There are evidence of greatness though. When Gordon made 30 points was that mostly with him at the PF position? Perhaps Vuc coming back is part of the problem? Are we better without relying so much on Vuc?