Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

So i have been callling right on Ibaka at the 5.

no, everybody thought we should play him some at 5.

you argued he wasn't a 4. those are two different statements.

wait, are you talking about the "Orlando magic ceo predicts championship by 2030" video?

that was just them messing with the statement. That wasn't honest evaluation.

I hate Martins as much as the next guy but he's getting screwed by the media.

The Sentinel is doing a series of stories about "Orlando in 2030".

so Schmitz asked Martins to describe the NBA in Orlando in 2030.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/orlando-2030/os-2030-orlando-magic-20161130-story.html

Bianchi believes OCSC will win like 87 soccer championships by 2030, Orlando will have an NFL team, and UCF and USF will join the SEC (this is the dumbest prediction of all. it shows no knowledge of the business landscape of college football. Conferences aren't a club you get to join by geography, it's about establishing a brand and extending your footprint so you can bring more to the table in television contracts. The SEC wouldn't be interested in either school because they don't open up the map at all. Their games get poor ratings and this area is already covered by UF. In the event of continued conference expansion, the SEC is much more likely to go after Penn State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Maryland, ohio state, etc.)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/orlando-2030/os-2030-mike-bianchi-20161130-column.html

additional topics include downtown http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/orlando-2030/os-2030-downtown-orlando-20161202-story.html

and the sunrail, I4 and other stuff.

so I feel bad for martins. He was asked an innocuous question and then the media ran with it and made him look like a jerk.

wait, are you talking about the "Orlando magic ceo predicts championship by 2030" video?

that was just them messing with the statement. That wasn't honest evaluation.

No it was an response to it. Tmac basically said "2030?! What when Mario is balling at 35?! When Aaron Gordon develops a jumper?! I mean nothing against Gordon. He's a great dunker but that's it. No jumper. Why not 2020 at least?"

Another guy was saying how low of a expectation that is.

No it was an response to it. Tmac basically said "2030?! What when Mario is balling at 35?! When Aaron Gordon develops a jumper?! I mean nothing against Gordon. He's a great dunker but that's it. No jumper. Why not 2020 at least?"

Another guy was saying how low of a expectation that is.

yeah, that's the whole thing. they were making jokes. Gordon doesn't have a good jumper. maybe he'll have one in 14 years.

you're looking too far into things. This is a non-story across the board.