Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I gonna get flamed for this but. I feel fournier is our weakest starter. Not in the sense as a player but the way Vogel wants to use him. He should never be the go to guy. He also gets lit up or shut down by other two guards a lot. His dribbling in traffic is abysmal. Why can't Vogel see this is beyond me.

I gonna get flamed for this but. I feel fournier is our weakest starter. Not in the sense as a player but the way Vogel wants to use him. He should never be the go to guy. He also gets lit up or shut down by other two guards a lot. His dribbling in traffic is abysmal. Why can't Vogel see this is beyond me.

He's our most likely player to drop 20 in a game.

I personally think he's better suited off the bench but with our personnel, he's a starter.

He's only 23 too.

by advanced stats Fournier is our weakest starter. I think we've started to see lately with enough other guys being able to score Fournier is pressing less and we're using him in positions where he has a high chance to succeed (catch and shoot, running off screens, etc). I imagine that will improve his numbers going forward (assuming he starts paying attention to the shot clock).

What's tough is not a single one of our 1st rounders under Henny has proven to be a building block. Not one. I love Gordon's upside but he's still a work in progress.

2016 - Sabonis

2015 - Hezonja

2014 - Gordon

2014 - Payton

2013 - Oladipo

2012 - Nicholson

Sure the lotto often didn't work out as we had hoped, but I still find this unacceptable. Henny and his associates are supposed to be savvy analysts, and they are paid millions for their work, yet there were plenty of diamonds in the rough that passed them by.

Orlando has, for the most part, rebuilt the smart way (largely through the lottery) to this point. Despite not having a superstar in their midst, they should now have the kind of foundation they need to snap the skid either this season or next. But there are parallels between the blueprint the Hornets used and that which the Magic are currently using.

Look at the draft picks for instance.

Ignoring their wilderness years, Charlotte’s rebuild truly began with the 2011 NBA Draft, when newly installed general manager Rich Cho chose Kemba Walker with the ninth overall pick. The following year he took Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with the second overall pick, putting another of the franchise’s new foundations in place.

Like Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton, neither of these players exactly entered the league with ‘star’ written all over them. But both have worked hard at their games.

Walker became one of the most menacing point guards in the league offensively, while Kidd-Gilchrist has developed into one of the better perimeter defenders the NBA has to offer.

http://orlandomagicd...magic-to-fly/2/

nobody at SF is getting minutes over Gordon and Green.

Nobody at SG is getting minutes over Fournier or Meeks.

Nobody at PG is getting minutes over payton or augustin.

Well I suppose we'll have to see if this formula amounts to anything over the course of the whole season. I'm just tired of whiffing or getting average guys with our picks.

I'd love to add competition at PG, SG and SF. In regards to Meeks, the dude is a journeyman coming off a serious injury getting burn on a 10-13 team. Lol. I think this team has average or below average personnel at most positions at this point.

To be fair, aren't we like 3-1 when Meeks plays?

I'd love to add competition at PG, SG and SF. In regards to Meeks, the dude is a journeyman coming off a serious injury getting burn on a 10-13 team. Lol. I think this team has average or below average personnel at most positions at this point.

For now. The mathematics shown on this board show otherwise. That we are an elite defensive team and will create an identity for itself as the anti-new NBA team. Will it be successful? Time will tell perhaps. I want to be optimistic.

To be fair, aren't we like 3-1 when Meeks plays?

Perhaps but his own personal history shows he's a journeyman (Career PER of 12.6) playing out of his mind right now (Current PER of 24.9). At some point, he's going to significantly regress. My hope is that Mario figures out how to get on the court or we trade him for a prospect that Vogel and Henny think can compete for a spot. Honestly, I'd rather Mario figure things out here.

Perhaps but his own personal history shows he's a journeyman (Career PER of 12.6) playing out of his mind right now (Current PER of 24.9). At some point, he's going to significantly regress. My hope is that Mario figures out how to get on the court or we trade him for a prospect that Vogel and Henny think can compete for a spot. Honestly, I'd rather Mario figure things out here.

I don't see why he can't. Last year we saw an high IQ (especially when he was our point forward) versatility, confidence and the ability to have an dramatic influence on the game. Obviously it's defense with him because he'd play despite having a off night with Vogel.

Him going to Croatia wasn't good for the Magic I believe. It hampered his development and growth.

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider 15m15 minutes ago

Magic PF Serge Ibaka said Friday he feels just as confident, if not more, about staying with Magic. He can be a FA this summer.

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider 15m15 minutes ago

Magic PF Serge Ibaka said Friday he feels just as confident, if not more, about staying with Magic. He can be a FA this summer.

Again I think Gordon, Ibaka and Biz make an awesome core. At this point, I think they're worth building around and represent the culture Henny and Vogel are trying to instill. Unless we're getting a stud back, I wouldn't trade these guys.