Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I mean you know they have talent because they playe a ton more minutes with a lot more usage.

Plus they have an coach who's ok with developing them.

We disagree on how good/bad they are. Fine.

But I don't want to see Rudy Gay or Luol Deng or Tyson Chandler or any of these other overpriced vets just so we can fall short of the 8th seed and subsequently end up with the tenth pick and the GM throwing it away on something else.

Exactly. We can play our young talent all we want but they are not very good. Simple as that.

But we don't play them all we want so how does one make an accurate assessment of ability?

We disagree on how good/bad they are. Fine.

But I don't want to see Rudy Gay or Luol Deng or Tyson Chandler or any of these other overpriced vets just so we can fall short of the 8th seed and subsequently end up with the tenth pick and the GM throwing it away on something else.

Well for the record I don't think they are good. I just think they are not being properly used and properly developed to be good.

I think if they had the same support as those in LA they'd get there.

When the Thunder dealt Ibaka to the Magic for Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis, and Ersan Ilyasova this summer, Oladipo was the main get. Now that Sabonis isn't just starting, but also contributing, the haul looks over the top.

It's hasty to determine a trade a win or loss only nine games after, especially one that has long-term ramifications. It's also responsible to note that every transaction has an equal and opposite reaction. But it is safe to assume the Thunder are happy with where they stand right now.

Sabonis has hit 13-of-25 3-point attempts to start his career. And OKC no longer has to worry about Oladipo commanding a max contract this summer, since he already signed a four-year, $84 million extension a couple of weeks ago. Ibaka, meanwhile, will be a free agent next year.

The question isn't if the Thunder would rather have Oladipo and Sabonis (and Jerami Grant, who they got in a deal for Ilyasova and a protected first-round pick) over Ibaka. It's whether they'd rather have five years of Oladipo for a below-max price, four of the 20-year-old Sabonis on a rookie deal and two of Grant on a cheap contract over a possible first-rounder and maybe only one season of Ibaka in a non-championship year.

http://www.normantra...77625588af.html

Do you guys think ibaka is hurt?

Wouldn't they sit him then?

I don't think we have an clue on how to properly tank, develop, and bounce back. We've been lucky with ping pong balls and cap space at a time where 3 stars were free agents.

Management is impatient. Only thing we can do is make an huge trade in our favor or develop our existing youth.

Can't sit on the fence too long or the fence breaks.

In summary our GM hooked his boys up. How can anyone support this moron of a GM. I read this and im just mad. All the losing to get Vic, and now all the losing after tossing vic for interior defense when we had a decent big.

Awesome.

He probably thought he could one up his former boss. And that's not even the worst part, which will be the day Ibaka inks that max deal next year.

How many more double digit losses does this franchise need to see to show this guy the door?