Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

And the drama continues:

"The photo embarrassed the Magic franchise and potentially insulted Gordon, perhaps the Magic’s most promising young player...

'It was definitely something that I wasn’t aware of before,' Gordon said today when asked about the dry-erase board’s content...

The reality is that the Magic’s options or plans could change if, as is widely expected throughout the NBA, the Magic fire Hennigan following the season after five years as the Magic’s general manager."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-dry-erase-board-0405-story.html

Guys, sorry to say, this actually has turned into a face palm big deal. That said, I respect Robbins for his reporting, as he's been such a refreshing change from the other OS writers.

Guys, sorry to say, this actually has turned into a face palm big deal. That said, I respect Robbins for his reporting, as he's been such a refreshing change from the other OS writers.

its because he's younger. The game has changed so much in the last 10 years it requires a completely different philosophy. And 10 years only brings us to 06-07.

Imagine how different the game is from guys drawing from the late 80s early 90s.

Yes he is.

I could tell the other day when he shot 30% against Gordon and fouled out.

and im sure you're an avid watcher of philly basketball, right?

you're wrong.

I could tell the other day when he shot 30% against Gordon and fouled out.

and im sure you're an avid watcher of philly basketball, right?

you're wrong.

What a friendly response from a mod.

"You're wrong" haha. Such a tolerant one you are.

What ever happened to you being done with the forum? That lasted all of 5 days.

What a friendly response from a mod.

"You're wrong" haha. Such a tolerant one you are.

What ever happened to you being done with the forum? That lasted all of 5 days.

put your money where your mouth is then.

I'll put $100 on Gordon being the better player in 2 years.

put your money where your mouth is then.

I'll put $100 on Gordon being the better player in 2 years.

I'll 100% take you up on that bet.

My issue is, for you to just say "you're wrong" makes you sound like such a child.

The reality is you can spew out a bunch of reasons/stats AG is better, and I could spew out the same for Saric--but it's really an opinion at this point. Neither of us can prove it one way or the other right now.

Lebron is a better player than Derozan. No one can argue/debate that.

When comparing 2 young guys under 22, one in their rookie year--you can't say definitively whose better. We only have our opinions. You getting flustered like a child and just saying "you're wrong" is just frustrating.

I'm fine with you telling me why you THINK Ag is better. That's the entire point of this forum. But I am not "wrong" in thinking Saric is the better player, nor are you for thinking AG is.

I just don't think you act like a Mod on here very often. You come off more and more like catman. It's either your way or we're all wrong.

I'll 100% take you up on that bet.

My issue is, for you to just say "you're wrong" makes you sound like such a child.

The reality is you can spew out a bunch of reasons/stats AG is better, and I could spew out the same for Saric--but it's really an opinion at this point. Neither of us can prove it one way or the other right now.

Lebron is a better player than Derozan. No one can argue/debate that.

When comparing 2 young guys under 22, one in their rookie year--you can't say definitively whose better. We only have our opinions. You getting flustered like a child and just saying "you're wrong" is just frustrating.

I'm fine with you telling me why you THINK Ag is better. That's the entire point of this forum. But I am not "wrong" in thinking Saric is the better player, nor are you for thinking AG is.

I just don't think you act like a Mod on here very often. You come off more and more like catman. It's either your way or we're all wrong.

here. I posted a bunch of reasons why Gordon is better a couple pages ago.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/254693-2016-2017-season-discussion-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1065317

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/254693-2016-2017-season-discussion-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1065343

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/254693-2016-2017-season-discussion-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1065345

If you can come up with tangible objective reasons why you think saric is better. fine. I like debate.

But coming on here and acting like (Player) is overvalued simply because he's a magic player isn't going to gain much respect from me. If you have a position, state it, and defend it. otherwise it's just noise.

That's because those numbers don't reflect individual defensive performance and they're all pretty much derivatives of the same calculation on basketball reference.

for the season we have philly's defensive rating as a team at 105.9. While Saric is on the court it's 106.8 and when he's off the court it's 104.9. So philly plays better defense when Saric is on the bench. if we sort it just by post all star, the numbers are 106.8 team, 107.8 on court, 104.8 off court.

Gordon's numbers with the magic are 107.6 total, 107.5 on, 107.8 off for the season. Post all star its 108.7 team, 106.6 on, 112.7 off. so you're getting some improvement there.

But this is just one metric which means nothing and it's sometimes difficult to remove that from typical rotations. lets add some more context to it.

http://on.nba.com/2kFpG55

Gordon is the best on ball defender on our team. guys shoot 3.3% worse when Gordon is defending them than they do usually. Lebron is at -3.7, Dwight and crowder are at -3.8, Jimmy butler is at -2.5.

saric is at +0.2. so he's about average to slightly below average.

Gordon is also the best rim protector on our team. guys shoot 51.6% at the rim. Saric is actually slightly better at this at 49.5

http://on.nba.com/2je67mU

However, Gordon is a significantly better perimeter defender. Guys shoot 33.2% when defended by Gordon on the three point line. Guys shoot 37.2% from three when Saric is defending.

Despite all this the point still stands, AG is not a significantly better defender than Saric.