Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

It says in the beginning Rob might have been feeling pressure from Martins & Co.

Yeah but it just grazes over it.

I dunno man. Might be time to cut ties with everyone. New owner, new management, new coach. It's a cluster*****.

You're pretty sure Vogel was bsing when he said that Mario's most natural position might be a 4 in that article?

He was dead serious.

I know Vogel was serious, I was referencing your response to Ibn Battuta... Frank Vogel might not know how to be an effective coach in today's NBA

You're pretty sure Vogel was bsing when he said that Mario's most natural position might be a 4 in that article? He was dead serious.

it could be. it also seems like he's just covering for him. I guess my post was more venting about the frustration this season. First it's AG is a 3, now it's Hezonja might be a 4. doesn't exactly instill confidence the team knows what it's doing.

I just don't know if Vogel knows what to do with AG and Mario. He first says he's a 3. Now he's a 4. AG is going to be groomed as Paul George now he's a 4 (which everyone said he was).

Didn't Mario even play some point earlier in the year? It's just all over the place.

Few players actually thrive at playing a bunch of different positions--I don't think Mario is one of them.

Mario just needs more floor time, period. It's a different situation than say AG because Mario flashes versatility on the floor. I don't care what position they call him.

Didn't Mario even play some point earlier in the year? It's just all over the place.

Few players actually thrive at playing a bunch of different positions--I don't think Mario is one of them.

Mario ran the point last season. EP was hurt and so was Watson and Skiles thought Mario was versatile enough and even complimented his court vision and passing. It was the best stretch of games Mario had too.

I don't know what the hell Frank is thinking. He's 6'9 so why not? I dunno. Vogel makes no sense to me.

AG at the 3 was a failure. He's better around the rim offensively and better without dominating the ball.

Agree. I dont mind him playing the 3 at the defensive end when needed but he should play PF from this point on.

Mario ran the point last season. EP was hurt and so was Watson and Skiles thought Mario was versatile enough and even complimented his court vision and passing. It was the best stretch of games Mario had too.

I don't know what the hell Frank is thinking. He's 6'9 so why not? I dunno. Vogel makes no sense to me.

He meant that he can play that PF position iif needed. He has the size to do it and I am not oppossed to experiment at this point of the year. Im not sure if he will be good at it but it is not a bad idea to try and see.

I guess they want to see if he can be a Saric type of player(sf/pf).

He meant that he can play that PF position iif needed. He has the size to do it and I am not oppossed to experiment at this point of the year. Im not sure if he will be good at it but it is not a bad idea to try and see.

I guess they want to see if he can be a Saric type of player(sf/pf).

That's not what he said. He literally said Mario is probably a natural 4 in today's NBA.

I dunno. Maybe it can work but I always envisioned Mario and AG together and maybe that's what he means. Defensively putting Mario at the 4 and AG at the 3. Mario is turning into a gym rat so maybe the new strength and mass makes that likely?

That's not what he said. He literally said Mario is probably a natural 4 in today's NBA.

I dunno. Maybe it can work but I always envisioned Mario and AG together and maybe that's what he means. Defensively putting Mario at the 4 and AG at the 3. Mario is turning into a gym rat so maybe the new strength and mass makes that likely?

Yes. I just heard him at the radio and he again said it. He did say that Mario at 4 helps orher players in the perimeter as he is still considered to be a threat with his outside shooting.

Gordon has struggle to do that as a PF. I guess he is hoping for Mario to be an Anderson type Of player. I, personally, dont see that happing but not opposed to give it a trial.

10 games left. We're 1/2 a game above Philly holding on to that 4th worst spot for dear life, we're 3 1/2 games behind Phoenix for that 3rd worst spot, so we're not going to catch them. We're also only 1 1/2 games ahead of both New York and Sacramento, so we could wind up as low as 6th worst. Our best case scenario is that we somehow hold on to that 4 spot, the Suns catch the Lakers (only 2 games separate them at the moment), and then the ping pong balls do us a favor by having us jump LA and knock them out of the top 3, making them lose their pick and owe us their 19 first rounder.

Those that don't understand or agree with team tank, this is why people are rooting for losses right now. We lose to Philly and Phoenix last week, we're in a much better position for the draft right now.