Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I remember Chad Ford's comp for Easy was the Glove. It's crazy when Easy plays well, and it's equally crazy when he doesn't play well. I've never seen a more streaky player on the Magic.

I feel like he is maturing and is starting to take a leadership role. I see him directing the team and being more vocal. Some guys take awhile to get it. Coming from a small school and not really being noticed till his last year nationally combined with his low key personality. And the multiple coaches. It has taken a little longer.

I feel like he is maturing and is starting to take a leadership role. I see him directing the team and being more vocal. Some guys take awhile to get it. Coming from a small school and not really being noticed till his last year nationally combined with his low key personality. And the multiple coaches. It has taken a little longer.

Sure, but we also don't want to start the mission accomplished talk with Payton.

What he's doing is very encouraging. But good play isn't a summit you reach. it's a well you have to draw from daily.

Last night was objectively the best game of his career but we need to put that in perspective. it wasn't even the best game of the night last night, and there have been 62 better games this season.

so it'd be good if this was the start of a higher level he can reach every now and then and not some one off.

He's not been playing for the D League. Is he overseas or get called up by another team?

he was inactive the past 2 games. that's all I can find.

@OrlandoMagic

@elfrid joins Jason Kidd & LeBron James as only players with 2 triple-double streaks at 23 or younger (in last 30 yrs) per @EliasSports!

older article but still relevant:

The NBA’s steepest drops are in Dallas and Orlando. The Mavericks’ ratings average has fallen 53 percent so far during a season in which the team has stayed well below the .500 mark. The Magic’s local game ratings are down 50 percent as the team has crawled to the second worst record in the Eastern Conference.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/02/20/Media/NBA-RSNs.aspx

I dont know what to think about this team any longer. The joke is on us.

Style of play is the only real difference that is showing us success lately and that's frustrating because most of us knew that zigging while the rest of the league zagged by going big could backfire, especially when two of our up and coming young talents thrive in transition. I'm hoping we wind up picking somewhere between 5 - 7 at this point unless we strike gold in the lottery and pick either Tatum or Isaac, then we can sign a vet point guard (George Hill?). Not sure who we take with our second first, but a lineup of Payton/Ross/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic with a bench of Hill/Fournier/Hezonja/?/Biyombo would be a pretty nice 10 man rotation. I like that both Isaac (once he gets in a weight room) and Tatum allow us to play pretty much two combo forwards so Aaron can guard the 3 and play the 4 on offense.

Anyone know what our record is without Vucevic over the past 2 seasons? I'm curious. It seems we win more games when he doesn't play.