Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

The Heat have won 7 in a row now, tied with us at 18-30. If we lose tomorrow we'd be the second worst team in EC.

Don't let me down now Magic, keep the L's coming.

I miss this guy... Wish he was still on our team. Watching his rookie highlights I bet he's probably a starter somewhere averaging 20 points a game. Smh

Goes to show ya you can make a highlight tape of just about anyone if you try hard enough.

1485660255[/url]' post='1057411']

Goes to show ya you can make a highlight tape of just about anyone if you try hard enough.

He showed a lot of flashes of what could be if he got the opportunity to play more. Bet you couldn't make a highlight tape from this year. Think about that.

Don't let me down now Magic, keep the L's coming.

I dunno. I mean I certainly understand the thinking that this year is hopeless so go for the best draft pick possible. I continue to believe, though, that not trying to win is a toxic mindset for a franchise, even if it's supposedly being done with the goal of winning in the future. The Heat sure aren't going that route.

Anyone want to watch more games like the last one?

If we loose today we are going to be the 2nd worse record in the league behind Brooklin and the four overall worst in the league.

If we keep it up I see us going for a Top 3 pick in this year draft just behind Brooklin and the Suns.

Lets try to make those teams better. Lets trade Serge to the Suns for 2 future first round picks and Fournier to Brooklin for Lin(which is injured) Lets get that first pick !!!:creaturedance:

I dunno. I mean I certainly understand the thinking that this year is hopeless so go for the best draft pick possible. I continue to believe, though, that not trying to win is a toxic mindset for a franchise, even if it's supposedly being done with the goal of winning in the future. The Heat sure aren't going that route.

We need a new face. This franchise looks horrible right now. I dont see any other way to improve our image other than drafting a possible future star player.

Our two runs to the finals are due to drafting a star player. (Howard and Shaq).

If we keep what we have we are going to be just a first round exit team every year, if that. We need to roll the dice. I dont see us improving via trade. At least I have not seen that from Henny yet.

Great players change the culture nothing else. Look at the Warriors, they lost plenty of games until Steph and Klay came into their own. I Don't want to be Charlotte, Atlanta, or even the Raptors. Be patient a few you years and see if you get lucky in the draft to find a superstar.

We also need to be patient with our young guys to see if they have what it takes to turn the corner. Certain players it takes longer to reach their potential. For example: Steph, Klay, Demar, PG, Isaiah Thomas, McCollum etc.

Great players change the culture nothing else. Look at the Warriors, they lost plenty of games until Steph and Klay came into their own. I Don't want to be Charlotte, Atlanta, or even the Raptors. Be patient a few you years and see if you get lucky in the draft to find a superstar.

We also need to be patient with our young guys to see if they have what it takes to turn the corner. Certain players it takes longer to reach their potential. For example: Steph, Klay, Demar, PG, Isaiah Thomas, McCollum etc.

That's been the argument. Tank until you get the star and then the organization changes on a dime. Does it ever happen? Yes. Is it a reliable strategy? I would argue that it isn't. I'd rather put out the best team you can, play to win every game, keep up the organizations culture of winning. If you still lose and get a decent or star player anyway, then so be it. But don't structure your team with the goal of losing. That does great damage to your organization if you don't have a superstar.

1485706718[/url]' post='1057443']

That's been the argument. Tank until you get the star and then the organization changes on a dime. Does it ever happen? Yes. Is it a reliable strategy? I would argue that it isn't. I'd rather put out the best team you can, play to win every game, keep up the organizations culture of winning. If you still lose and get a decent or star player anyway, then so be it. But don't structure your team with the goal of losing. That does great damage to your organization if you don't have a superstar.

What great damage did it to to Cleveland? Or GS?