Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I don't understand vogels whole Mario recalibration bs. If I'm rob, Vogel gets an ultimatum play him or else not sure what else would mean but the magic spent a #5 pick on this guy and your coach refuses to play him. It is unacceptable.

Two theories. 1 He didn't get a proper off season with the coaching staff being at Croatia and they're developing him hard or 2 keep his value low so teams don't ask for him, continue to develop him behind the scenes and as soon as we trade the player we really want to trade, Mario gets more burn.

Two theories. 1 He didn't get a proper off season with the coaching staff being at Croatia and they're developing him hard or 2 keep his value low so teams don't ask for him, continue to develop him behind the scenes and as soon as we trade the player we really want to trade, Mario gets more burn.

Of course the third possibility is that Vogel doesn't think he's any good, or at least not yet ready to play at this level. Unfortunately that seems like the most likely possibility to me.

Of course the third possibility is that Vogel doesn't think he's any good, or at least not yet ready to play at this level. Unfortunately that seems like the most likely possibility to me.

That would fall under 1

Edit: I don't think it would be a matter of not being good. I think it might be a matter of being a system player. Mario is a freelancer and I think Vogel may want to polish that up? I dunno. Makes no other damn sense to me.

I do think he'd give us better production than those ahead of him though.

Would make more sense if other guys in his way were actually good

Yeah but Vogel was given a mandate: to win as many games as possible and make the playoffs. Vogel is doing what he thinks will give him the best chance of winning on any given night. When you look at the numbers, is Vogel correct? That's solely what he's considering.

I think Vogel is a fantastic coach that can get the most out of his players (Stephenson, Hibbert, etc.), but has a flawed roster. Rob Hennigan's team architecture is severely flawed.

When you look at the numbers, is Vogel correct?

In a lot of areas, no.

He can be a good coach and still have stupid lineup management. Look at thibs or doc rivers.

This^ I keep hoping that Vogel starts him just to shake this team up. But I feel Frank is very stubborn in his ways. More than skiles smh

Like i said in the game thread. If the problem was just Mario not getting minutes we could say maybe Mario sucks. But things don't work in game and Vogel just goes through the normal rotation. No Watson who Vogel trusts. No rudez. No wilcox.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: There are team officials, teammates and close associates unclear of reason for Derrick Rose's absence for Knicks-Pelicans at MSG.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: There are team officials, teammates and close associates unclear of reason for Derrick Rose's absence for Knicks-Pelicans at MSG.

That's weird

If it is indeed his defense that's holding him back, it doesn't make sense for him not to play considering our defense as a team has been really bad