Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

His usage stays the same, and he guards the same people. His role is already defined regardless of who the other frontcourt players are on the floor with him. It doesn't change.

Usage? That has nothing to do with what position he's better at.

Go look at his rebounding numbers.

Last year he had an offensive rebounding percentage at 8.9 compared to 4.4 this year. His offensive rebounding really was a big contribution. Defensive rebounding is down too. Last year 21 percent to 13.9 this year. Total rebounding percentage last year was 14.9 percent. This year it's at 9.1. His shot blocking is down, his efficient shooting percentage is down and so is his offensive rating.

Now, sure, he's learning a new role and also having Ibaka and Biz alters some of those numbers but even eye test says he's more active, more involved, and more efficient in the role he had last year as an 4. Why? He's playing without thinking. He's doing what he's done well since college. Grab boards, block shots, put back dunks and got points in the paint. He's thinking more, not playing as naturally, and he's not in the paint as much.

So Serge's "Thumbs Down" is getting a name tonight, what was the names you all thought it should be? Regardless what the last 3 ones are now

I liked "serge protector" and "double down".

Memphis blew out golden state.

Yeah sure. I'm in a coma aren't i

Kinda makes the loss a little more acceptable huh?

I'm surprised with they're recent play. Scrappy bunch.

If we're going to be a treadmill team, might as well do it while playing our young guys at the right spot. Trade Vuc for a decent PG prospect and start

Ibaka

Gordon

Hezonja

Fournier

new PG

--

I'd also be ok with trading Vuc AND Ibaka for prospects and getting some more losses.

At least Ibaka is performing well and showing he's a player any team could use

We need to win 2 of the next 3 to stay on schedule.

We probably need 3 of the next 3 to feel good about where we are

Don't see us beating the Clips but with this team who knows...

2-1 seems reasonable.

Don't see us beating the Clips but with this team who knows...

2-1 seems reasonable.

Yeah. Really it doesn't matter who we beat as long as we hit the necessary number.

We can lose to Phoenix as long as we beat the spurs. We needed to win 2 out of Detroit Washington Boston charlotte and we did that. Losing to Denver is OK if we end up beating a team we're not supposed to like the clippers.

But we're not going to be able to keep that up forever. Treading water is fine for a time but eventually you're going to have to gain ground. It's got to happen over these next 20 games or its not going to happen at all