Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

you know what sucks about Vucevic?

He's been pretty solid on defense this year when he actually goes back to defend instead of complaining to the refs.

It's his offense that's killing us. 6.7ppg on 26% shooting and 50% free throws in the last 6

And that's if he gets to the line which he doesn't.

We just need to go another direction.

last 5 games Ibaka has averaged 17.8 pts, 9.4 rebs, 1.0 asts, 2.0 blocks and 1.8 3s on 52/53/91 shooting

that's close to what I expect for the rest of the season (obviously the three point shooting is unsustainable)

you know what sucks about Vucevic?

He's been pretty solid on defense this year when he actually goes back to defend instead of complaining to the refs.

It's his offense that's killing us. 6.7ppg on 26% shooting and 50% free throws in the last 6

I have noticed he looks like he is doing the right things when defending 1 on 1, bodying up on the guy, staying straight, not really letting the guy past him. But I believe his issue with help defense is really what is hurting him defensively. He still can't challenge shots, and he doesn't seem have the instincts to know when to help or where to be on the court to help close lanes and such like the best defensive bigs do. He also doesn't have the athleticism to recover when making a mistake.

• Upvote 1

last 5 games Ibaka has averaged 17.8 pts, 9.4 rebs, 1.0 asts, 2.0 blocks and 1.8 3s on 52/53/91 shooting

that's close to what I expect for the rest of the season (obviously the three point shooting is unsustainable)

I'd like him to take more threes, even if it means a lower percentage. He seems to take smart threes, but I have seen him pass up a few shots where he is relatively open.

Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-vucevic have an offensive rating of 86.9 and a defensive rating of 82.9 this year

Payton-Fournier-Gordon-Ibaka-Biyombo has an offensive rating of 103.1 and a defensive rating of 81.9

How many minutes have each of these lineups played?

How many minutes have each of these lineups played?

the first is our second most played lineup with 107 minutes

the second is our fourth most played lineup with 32 minutes

something encouraging though. over the last 6 games (since Ibaka has actually looked like a competent basketball player) Ibaka and Biyombo have played 59 minutes together. they've had an offensive rating of 111.2 and a defensive rating of 100.

Payton-Fournier-green-Ibaka-vucevic have an offensive rating of 86.9 and a defensive rating of 82.9 this year

Payton-Fournier-Gordon-Ibaka-Biyombo has an offensive rating of 103.1 and a defensive rating of 81.9

Well then .....

something encouraging though. over the last 6 games (since Ibaka has actually looked like a competent basketball player) Ibaka and Biyombo have played 59 minutes together. they've had an offensive rating of 111.2 and a defensive rating of 100.

Yeah those two have to play together. It's obvious. Vuc knows his time is up.

O'Quinn is OK but Dedmon basically does the same things Biyombo does for a fraction of the cost. Dedmon plays well off the bench in the limited minutes he gets. The hustle plays, put backs, blocks, good D, etc. I think Biyombo is better but not at 6x the salary.

Dedmon is a poor mans Biyombo. Fraction of the cost yeah but with that you get a fraction of the production. Biyombo's salary isn't the problem. The problem is his salary factoring in with his limited minutes because we still have Vucevic here. If we moved him and gave Biyombo the starting minutes then he's worth the contract.