Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

The Magic wanted to make this rebuild through the draft. Their draft picks have slowly either proven themselves not to be what the Magic needed or still too raw to make any determination. In the meantime, the Magic’s goals changed. The pressure to win grew.

And that meant development took a back seat. The players in the Magic’s rotation are either ready or they are not. And Orlando had to turn its test in, ready or not.

Gordon may be the brightest spot in the Magic’s future. He may be the player with the most potential to turn into a star. But none of that matters if he is not ready to contribute to a winning team. And clearly Vogel felt Friday, at least, Gordon was not the best option at small forward. Tomorrow it may be Payton. Hezonja is already out of the rotation.

The Magic are in win-now mode. They are no longer waiting for development anymore. And, for better or for worse, that will change the way the Magic treat their young players and their goals for the team’s long-term future.

http://orlandomagicd...tation-changes/

God help us if we could only get more retreads then we'd have some thing.

Only way we can win now, is if we package Vuch, Gordon and someone else for an star. Other than that, demote all you want, these vets aren't going to win chit.

"His struggles so far this season may be part of a larger decline. If so, or if he doesn't re-sign when he becomes a free agent in July, then the deal with the Thunder will be remembered as a major blunder for the Magic."

I can say this right now. Ibaka is absolutely not a go-to guy and has looked lost in that role. That's not even talking about his poor defense. Honestly, he barely looks better than Channing Frye right now.

"His struggles so far this season may be part of a larger decline. If so, or if he doesn't re-sign when he becomes a free agent in July, then the deal with the Thunder will be remembered as a major blunder for the Magic."

I can say this right now. Ibaka is absolutely not a go-to guy and has looked lost in that role. That's not even talking about his poor defense. Honestly, he barely looks better than Channing Frye right now.

He needs to play closer to the rim to be effective.

Atleast he knows he is struggling. That's the first step admit your having a problem. Now be bold Vogel start ibaka Gordon Mario fournier and wait for it yes dj. Yes I said it. Go small or dont go at all. Haha. I'm being serious by the way.

The way Payton has played the last couple games I think he needs to watch from the bench at the start.