Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I wonder why Ibaka looked so terrible in the first few games and now he looks completely different

I still think his defense has regressed. He seems to be more offensive minded with our team.

I have not check the stats on him but I dont think he is averaging even a block per game.

He needs to improve his defensive game.

so the first two games are still skewing the data significantly negative. I also think it's a pointless endeavor to only review these last two wins. But if you go back three games Ibaka is now the player with the highest net rating among players (other than Watson who has played 20 minutes over the last 3) with an offensive rating of 107.7 and a defensive rating of 104. Payton is #2 with 107.4 and 103.8.

our team defense for the year is at 106.3. That's run of the mill bad defense instead of devastatingly bad defense like game 1 and 2. That puts us at #23 in the league. in the two wins we're at 104 which would put us at 16th in the league. That's fine but not hitting our potential and not good enough to make a serious run while helping out our offensive issues. We need that number to be at 100 or below to be comfortable with our status as a playoff team.

our offense over the last 3 is 102.3 which would put us in the middle of the pack for the season. From a macro level standpoint that's pretty much where we need to be with the hope you move that closer to 102.9 as the offense becomes more refined. 102.9 last year was Washington at #18. From a more in depth view of each game we all know we still need to improve the consistency of the offense over the course of an entire game instead of looking horrible for 5 minutes then amazing for 5 minutes.

I still think his defense has regressed. He seems to be more offensive minded with our team.

I have not check the stats on him but I dont think he is averaging even a block per game.

He needs to improve his defensive game.

its too early to say. his impact has been better the last two games but we dont know if that's opponent related or what. We'll need a good 20 games to obtain a good representative sample.

we're an elite offensive rebounding team but a poor defensive rebounding team. that's kinda weird.

Got a lot of guys who aren't shooters but athletes. They know where that ball is going to go after missing their shot.

Got a lot of guys who aren't shooters but athletes. They know where that ball is going to go after missing their shot.

you'd think having a primary vucevic-ibaka-gordon lineup and a good rebounding point guard like payton would have us as an average defensive rebounding team.

Maybe because we've played the three most physically imposing centers in the league with whiteside, Drummond, and Embiid. So you'd think that defensive rebounding number should get better as we face the Gortat's and the Lopez's of the league coming up.

we're an elite offensive rebounding team but a poor defensive rebounding team. that's kinda weird.

As I predicted we would be. Not sure why we're not a better defensive rebounding team but it's still early.

you'd think having a primary vucevic-ibaka-gordon lineup and a good rebounding point guard like payton would have us as an average defensive rebounding team.

Maybe because we've played the three most physically imposing centers in the league with whiteside, Drummond, and Embiid. So you'd think that defensive rebounding number should get better as we face the Gortat's and the Lopez's of the league coming up.

I agree. I think we'll see better defensive rebounding numbers as we progress. Also as the d tightens up more.

Payton: 4th coach in 4 years, 4th offensive scheme in 4 years, 4th defensive scheme in 4 years, 4th roster in 4 years. How on God's Green Earth is he not TORCHING the entire league and rewriting the record books?????????