Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I could be wrong but I believe Fox has elite speed while Payton has pretty much average PG speed

yeah. fox = payton is like saying jameer = Lawson because they're both short.

I don't either. I get where they're going with it but Isaac projects as a better defender.

Isaac should be able to defend like Durant defends.

Right and he's more advanced with the ball in his hands.

Pretty much they're admitting they have no clue.

The 3 players in the draft I could see teams passing on and regretting 3 years from now would be Isaac, Monk and Ntilikina

Right and he's more advanced with the ball in his hands.

you keep saying this but I can't remember a single time where Isaac used his dribble to beat a defender other than a straight line to the basket to beat a late closeout.

you keep saying this but I can't remember a single time where Isaac used his dribble to beat a defender other than a straight line to the basket to beat a late closeout.

He uses a lot of jab steps but pay attention to these

1:50

2:25

3:30

4:05

4:33

4:40

You got to take into consideration him being assigned as a 3rd option too.

KD Lite?

Weltman again said " a player who plays for his teammates" this morning. That comment frightens me.

Who would that be?

Thats pretty much a very broad statement. That is really what a PG is supposed to do.

1:50 was a one dribble pull up with the defender sagging off the three point line.

2:25 very good example

3:30 couple crossovers while standing still. not really a functional use of dribbling. same problem we have with Gordon constantly.

4:05 dribbled to a spot on the elbow. lost dribble. took jumper

4:33 this is my example of him driving on a late closeout. vucevic has done this a few times. not really high level.

4:40 this is a jab step single dribble step to the side jumper. not really ball skills.

2:25 is the only outlier. the rest aren't much different than this

He is impressive. He is very active with quick feet and a quick release. I would not be disappointed if we pick him.

what you're looking for with functional ball handling is stuff like this:

its actually something Gordon has had a lot of trouble with too. He can handle in transition. he can dance with the ball. but he can't create space with his dribble other than straight lines to the basket at then uses his jump distance and speed into the jump to beat guys.

Isaac's dribble isn't functional. or at least he's not parlaying it into something on the court.

yeah. fox = payton is like saying jameer = Lawson because they're both short.

Not at all. I wasnt talking about today's Payton since we cant talk about tomorrow's Fox. I was referring to pre-draft Payton vs pre-draft Fox.

Draft-net had Payton compared to Rondo coming in du to his quickness and speed. They had him at a 9/10 in quickness.

Fox is been compared to Wall with also a speed and quickness relatively the same pre-draft Payton at a 9/10.

That was my impression of Payton before draft and it is my impression of Fox as well.

Not at all. I wasnt talking about today's Payton since we cant talk about tomorrow's Fox. I was referring to pre-draft Payton vs pre-draft Fox.

Draft-net had Payton compared to Rondo coming in du to his quickness and speed. They had him at a 9/10 in quickness.

Fox is been compared to Wall with also a speed and quickness relatively the same pre-draft Payton at a 9/10.

That was my impression of Payton before draft and it is my impression of Fox as well.

payton was never fast. payton was always quick. different things. Fox is fast.