Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Tatum is a lot more polished offensively than MKG was at UK. I can't think of a good comp for him. I like him but don't love him. I also don't see him as a future star, either.

As you know, I love Fox, as he's "good" Payton. It'll be interesting to see how Payton finishes the year. While Fox is a really good prospect to me, I can see how Monk is built for today's NBA in the Lillard and McCollum mold.

Jayson Tatum kinda reminds me of DeMar Derozan

Yeah, he's definitely older, but I think he'd be worth a look mid to late first. Definitely not a lotto pick

I don't know. There are a lot of guys like him.

Maybe for a late first.

Went on Tankathon.com for first time in weeks. Hit sim lottery and Magic got #1 pick... I know it won't happen but I want it to so much.

If we get a top 3 pick what are the chances we could move Payton for like a 16th pick or something?

Lonzo Ball/TJ Leaf would be a great duo to get.

Ball

Fournier

Gordon/Hezonja

Leaf/Gordon

Biyombo

Has nice balance. It has shooting from multiple positions. Capable to great passing at multiple positions. A rim protector and guys who can switch on defense. Plus the synergy of Ball and Leaf might help each other settle in and help us from a familiarity stand point a bit after what will probably be another off season of high roster turnover.

Won't happen but it's nice to dream.

Went on Tankathon.com for first time in weeks. Hit sim lottery and Magic got #1 pick... I know it won't happen but I want it to so much.

If we get a top 3 pick what are the chances we could move Payton for like a 16th pick or something?

Lonzo Ball/TJ Leaf would be a great duo to get.

Ball

Fournier

Gordon/Hezonja

Leaf/Gordon

Biyombo

Has nice balance. It has shooting from multiple positions. Capable to great passing at multiple positions. A rim protector and guys who can switch on defense. Plus the synergy of Ball and Leaf might help each other settle in and help us from a familiarity stand point a bit after what will probably be another off season of high roster turnover.

Won't happen but it's nice to dream.

Eh. That lineup would have too many poor defenders

I personally don't think having 3 solid defenders (Ball) is too few. Unless you get the rare talents that are great defenders and very good offensive players I think its better to have 3 scorers and two defenders than 2 scorers and three defenders. Honestly I feel like you can get by with one elite defender that shows the others how its done/keeps others accountable on defense, which leads to cohesive team defense. I'd rather focus on scoring at this point.

That being said I wouldn't exactly go for that trade either, mainly because I don't buy Leaf at this point. I also think that Payton is more valuable than that, even though there are a bajillion good pg's in today's league-and its only getting to be more so after this draft that has at least 4 or 5 more joining.

I personally don't think having 3 solid defenders (Ball) is too few. Unless you get the rare talents that are great defenders and very good offensive players I think its better to have 3 scorers and two defenders than 2 scorers and three defenders. Honestly I feel like you can get by with one elite defender that shows the others how its done/keeps others accountable on defense, which leads to cohesive team defense. I'd rather focus on scoring at this point.

That being said I wouldn't exactly go for that trade either, mainly because I don't buy Leaf at this point. I also think that Payton is more valuable than that, even though there are a bajillion good pg's in today's league-and its only getting to be more so after this draft that has at least 4 or 5 more joining.

Ball is an alright team defender but not great on ball defender.

Ball is an alright team defender but not great on ball defender.

does he have the work ethic to improve? JJ was a terrible on ball defender and team defender.

*disclaimer: I know none of the names that have been mentioned and today is the first day I've opened this thread.