Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I will be ok with that. How accurate is this that Im hearing that we are working towardsgetting another top 10 pick or at least making calls to those teams? Are we trying to get another pick, moving down or moving up?

I like the fact that management is Working tge phones.

I was told and you guys know this already that they are very high on this french PG kid that I dont know much about.

If we can get tatum/jackson/ isaac with our 6 pick and later this kid with another top 10 pick then I guess we will be ok.

I just doent know much about him yet.

Hammond seems to be a guy who likes to hit the phones so I wouldn't be surprised. With all these teams talking about trading down too, I'm pretty confident he is.

I haven't heard really anything on Ntilikina. I haven't heard or read anything on workouts he's done. Isn't he playing right now or something over there?

Hammond seems to be a guy who likes to hit the phones so I wouldn't be surprised. With all these teams talking about trading down too, I'm pretty confident he is.

I haven't heard really anything on Ntilikina. I haven't heard or read anything on workouts he's done. Isn't he playing right now or something over there?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/pgl_euro.cgi?player_id=frank-ntilikina-1&year_id=2017&lg_id=FRA

I'm not a fan (relative to the top 10 in this draft).

This was funny. .. passing up all that talent of that player. The funny thing is sg is probably our deepest position. Fournier, ross, and Meeks.

I don't remember a draft with picks 3-7 so interchangeable yet flashing all-star potential

it doesn't happen very often. I'm thinking it probably ends up like 2009 where you have griffin, thabeet, harden, evans, Rubio, Flynn, curry, hill, derozan, Jennings. so you get 4 to 5 "star-ish" players, 3 busts, and 3 guys who sort of ended up in the middle.

it doesn't happen very often. I'm thinking it probably ends up like 2009 where you have griffin, thabeet, harden, evans, Rubio, Flynn, curry, hill, derozan, Jennings. so you get 4 to 5 "star-ish" players, 3 busts, and 3 guys who sort of ended up in the middle.

What sucks is 4-5 star-ish players and we have the 6th pick. We're literally sitting there hoping a team above misses.

What sucks is 4-5 star-ish players and we have the 6th pick. We're literally sitting there hoping a team above misses.

the top 5 players in a draft rarely go 1-5. in 2009 there was no reason to believe Derozan was going to be better than tyreke evans. someone picked ahead of us will be considerably worse than someone picked 6-10. we just got to hope our guy is the star.

the top 5 players in a draft rarely go 1-5. in 2009 there was no reason to believe Derozan was going to be better than tyreke evans. someone picked ahead of us will be considerably worse than someone picked 6-10. we just got to hope our guy is the star.

That's what history says yeah but you got two teams that are pretty decent at drafting, have long winning histories in Boston and LA. I feel Philly will draft wisely too. So hopefully Phoenix and or Sacramento screw up.

That's what history says yeah but you got two teams that are pretty decent at drafting, have long winning histories in Boston and LA. I feel Philly will draft wisely too. So hopefully Phoenix and or Sacramento screw up.

you're missing my point. scouting is an inexact science because you can't know everything about a human being. you can only draft as best you can. Philly is absolutely right to take Jackson at 3 but if he ends up failing it's not because Jackson was the wrong pick. He just didn't work out.

Because you're taking high school kids, often from poverty and sticking them in extremely controlled places where their entire lives are dictated for them and they succeed with that structure. then you take those same kids and give them more money in one year than their parents and grandparents have made in their entire life. and you remove the structure. it's now up to them to build their own structure. Results vary.