Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

There only two reasons for the Lakers trading that pick:

1. After Fultz, the rest of the players are on the same level. Let's say the Kings offer 5 and 10, perhaps their second round pick as well, or they throw in a player like Malachi Richardson. At that point if the Lakers have Ball, Fox, Smith, Monk, Jackson, Tatum, and Isaac in the same tier, then trading back for an extra pick or picks plus another prospect might be of interest to them.

2. They get offered a star player for their second overall pick. Let's say the Bulls pick up the phone and offer Butler, or the Pacers offer George, then at that point maybe they get tempted and do a deal.

With that said, I don't see them trading the pick. The big question for them is whether they go Ball or Jackson. I'd like to see them go for Jackson since maybe Ball falls to us at six (doubtful but I can dream!), but I suspect Ball to the Lakers is the pick they'll make.

Another reason for LA to trade is to clear cap space by dumping Deng's horrible contract

If we miss on Dennis Smith Jr. by one pick, I may need a new TV after Draft night, because I'm 80% sure I'll throw my remote.

Was it really that important to win that last game now? Happens every year...we win meaningless games late in the year and then pick just one pick too late...and then say what could we have done the draft just didn't fall our way. Its like clock work.

Guys rising on the draft boards

1. Derrick White

2. Jonah Bolden

3. Johnathan Motley

4. Anzejs Pasecniks

5. Donavan Mitchell

Guys falling on the draft boards

1. Isaiah Hartenstein

2. Harry Giles

3. Lauri Markkanen

https://theringer.co...ks-259a038e04f6

Markkanen is going in the top 10, perhaps as high as 7. I'd like Giles.

Starting to feel like we're going to come away from this draft with Tatum.

I will be ok with that. How accurate is this that Im hearing that we are working towardsgetting another top 10 pick or at least making calls to those teams? Are we trying to get another pick, moving down or moving up?

I like the fact that management is Working tge phones.

I was told and you guys know this already that they are very high on this french PG kid that I dont know much about.

If we can get tatum/jackson/ isaac with our 6 pick and later this kid with another top 10 pick then I guess we will be ok.

I just doent know much about him yet.

I will be ok with that. How accurate is this that Im hearing that we are working towardsgetting another top 10 pick or at least making calls to those teams? Are we trying to get another pick, moving down or moving up?

I like the fact that management is Working tge phones.

I was told and you guys know this already that they are very high on this french PG kid that I dont know much about.

If we can get tatum/jackson/ isaac with our 6 pick and later this kid with another top 10 pick then I guess we will be ok.

I just doent know much about him yet.

???

Where are you hearing this?

???

Where are you hearing this?

random internet trolls.

but of course we're trying to explore trades into the late lotto. we have 4 picks.