Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Not a huge fan of Monk right now. I don't think he fits with what we have either. Isaac is intriguing but he will cut into AG's pt and force AG to play more SF than PF.

Assuming that pg is set with Payton and we don't pull any big draft trades with the top pgs, Jackson, Markannen, and Isaac are intriguing options. Tatum headlines the next tier of prospects as it relates to our team imo.

Isaac can play small forward.

Were these things about this Monk dude (low expectations, PG skills in question, too small etc.) not levelled at Curry when he came out?

Not wanting to jinx anything in case this young fella happens to head our way, but had to ask

I want a PG but I'll be happy with Markkanen

I just don't know about him. Every single draft express article for him this year includes the phrase "while [other first round prospect] got the better of him in the box score, he got the win".

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence

I just don't know about him. Every single draft express article for him this year includes the phrase "while [other first round prospect] got the better of him in the box score, he got the win".

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence

I'm also curious why he's a better prospect than Leaf. I've watched both and can't figure it out.

I really hope we draft Caleb Swannigan. And not just because somehow I've become a bit of a Purdue fan in the past couple of years. Guys a beast. 18 points, 12.5 boards, 2.7 assists and 0.8 blocks a game on 55/47/79 shooting (shoots about 2 3s a game).

I really hope we draft Caleb Swannigan. And not just because somehow I've become a bit of a Purdue fan in the past couple of years. Guys a beast. 18 points, 12.5 boards, 2.7 assists and 0.8 blocks a game on 55/47/79 shooting (shoots about 2 3s a game).

Swanigan's athletic limitations and below average instincts are hindrances on the defensive end, too. He is flat-footed, lacks lateral quickness and routinely struggles to keep up with quick, skilled players, especially in isolations. He also shows poor technique on close-outs, using long and slow steps with his arms at his side far too often, which neutralizes his great wingspan. He has difficulty hedging and recovering in pick-and-roll situations, but does fight through screens competitively when guarding the ball, though he has to work on taking better angles to stay in front of his man.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Caleb-Swanigan-71578/