Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

You don't think the NBA can just say "Eeehh, let's just trade LA with such and such team" after the results? Sure the process might not be rigged but the time between the ping pongs are dealt and the cards are read who the hell knows.

Of course that can't happen because THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE IN THE ROOM watching the ping pong balls get drawn. You don't think anyone would speak up if they watched the Suns get #2 in the drawing room and then watched the Lakers get read out as #2 on TV?

sure, but there's no way to obtain them in that correct order. 1001 might be boston while 1100 might be new York.

Even if there wasn't a way to guarantee who the first pick would go to it would be easy to determine at least the top 3. If you think that the NBA was going to let the Lakers lose it's pick this year and in 2019 your crazy.Like I said I could be wrong but if you look at the history it does make you question.

I'm as pissed off and disappointed as anyone regarding the way last night played out, but you wanna know the real reason why it transpired the way it did? Chance. Our most likely slot was 6th. The Lakers had approximately a 50/50 chance to stay in the top 3. So a coinflip is rigged now because it went one way vs. the other?

heres what happens:

each team sends a representative to the lotto drawing along with media members who want to be there along with an accounting firm who handles the process. Media members like to be there as they get to chat with team executives. The people in the room surrender their cellphones and are sequestered there in the room from the start of the drawing until the names are read on TV.

The accounting firm draws the numbers and then puts the order in sealed envelopes. They transport that to the room we see on TV where the names are read. Then they release the other guys in the room.

I'm as pissed off and disappointed as anyone regarding the way last night played out, but you wanna know the real reason why it transpired the way it did? Chance. Our most likely slot was 6th. The Lakers had approximately a 50/50 chance to stay in the top 3. So a coinflip is rigged now because it went one way vs. the other?

Im not just referring to last night. I'm referring to the recent history I posted last page.

You think the entire nba and media members who are in the room for the drawing would be ok with that?

I haven't watched the actual process in years so I forget

Of course that can't happen because THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE IN THE ROOM watching the ping pong balls get drawn. You don't think anyone would speak up if they watched the Suns get #2 in the drawing room and then watched the Lakers get read out as #2 on TV?

Simmer down.

I didn't know people were in the room.

Im not just referring to last night. I'm referring to the recent history I posted last page.

Cleveland was tied for the worst record. Bulls just got lucky.

It's just chance though. If the NBA is around 50 years from now and this forum still exists and me and you both are still kicking it maybe then we'd have a big enough population to draw accurate conclusions from.

Simmer down.

I didn't know people were in the room.

Yeah, I'd be concerned too if those were the results and didn't realize a team representative from every NBA team (along with media) were in the room watching the balls being pulled.

Yeah, I'd be concerned too if those were the results and didn't realize a team representative from every NBA team (along with media) were in the room watching the balls being pulled.

Well the fact that there's a WWE vibe going on when things happen at the right time, a lot of the time...Can't help to question.