Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Orlando entered Tuesday with an 8.8 percent chance of winning the top pick, 9.7 percent odds of obtaining the second pick and a 10.7 percent probability of receiving the third pick.

The Magic had a 26.2 percent chance of obtaining the fifth pick and a 36.0 percent chance of receiving the sixth pick.

The most likely outcome — netting the sixth pick — transpired.

Lloyd resorted to gallows humor as he tried to find a positive.

“My faith in math is renewed, because that was the highest-percentage outcome,” Lloyd said. “I’m not discouraged at all. I know the work that our staff has done to this point, and we’re just going to have faith in that work, and it’s going to yield a positive result.”

Pfft

Where was the math when we were winning meaningless games?

Wow we got screwed BIG TIME

36.0 percent chance of receiving the sixth pick.

Those were our highest odds. We picked where we was supposed to.

It is what it is.

Wow we got screwed BIG TIME

Yeah we did, but we did it to ourselves. We should have had the 2nd worst record in the league, protected our Lakers' pick, and taken our Ball and gone home.

Lakers ... #2 pick 3 years in a row... What are the odds of that?

Same teams in the top 3 2 years in a row... I know, celtics were not in the top 3 last year but the Nets were...

RIGGED I tell you.... RIGGED!!!

thats not correct...the Nets had a solid package (relative to LA) with multiple first round picks (see Danny Ainges haul) and Lopez (who we could have moved...and should have). Golden State offered Klay Thompson and any other player not named Curry (likely Draymond Green) regardless of if Dwight would say he would stay. There were probably some other deals out there which may have been permutations of the above with the Lakers and Nets we didnt hear of too.

We failed in trade and in the year prior to the trade failed to assess/trade our best asset. We knew it was coming and acted stupid for two years instead of moving him when we had more leverage.

Nothing you said was correct. We've had this discussion before and you were wrong then too.

Both of those trades were available under Otis a year before we made that trade. The Brooklyn deal for hennigan would have been the 13, 15, 17 picks. Without building around Garnett and pierce, Brooklyn wouldn't be this bad in the alternate timeline.

Nothing you said was correct. We've had this discussion before and you were wrong then too.

Both of those trades were available under Otis a year before we made that trade. The Brooklyn deal for hennigan would have been the 13, 15, 17 picks. Without building around Garnett and pierce, Brooklyn wouldn't be this bad in the alternate timeline.

Wasnt Otis a part of this team? My contention is this TEAM had options prior to Dwight leaving (and we had a good idea he was). This TEAM took a gamble with the future, thinking they knew Dwights intentions, and lost big time. I think Henny and Otis and this organization had plenty of opportunities over two years of reading the tea leaves with their asset and bungled it just like theyve bungled the last decade.

Waiting until the very end with a guy who was unstable as Dwight, and we had two years plus to know, then having no plan is just bad management. Quite frankly its no surprise every big name talent we have had runs from our management as quick as they see fit. Why should they have confidence with our management?