Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I admittedly don't watch much college basketball, but in preparation for the draft I went back and looked at all of the top guys highlight videos and I'm not sure why you guys are so high on Tatum, he looks kind of slow and stiff? What am I missing?

He can score the ball. In a variety of ways. His FG%s may not look as good as some guys but he was like 99th percentile in post scoring, his iso game is really advanced and he's solid in transition and attacking close outs. I think he could be a real number 1 option in the NBA with all the tricks he's got.

He can score the ball. In a variety of ways. His FG%s may not look as good as some guys but he was like 99th percentile in post scoring, his iso game is really advanced and he's solid in transition and attacking close outs. I think he could be a real number 1 option in the NBA with all the tricks he's got.

Player Comparison?

I admittedly don't watch much college basketball, but in preparation for the draft I went back and looked at all of the top guys highlight videos and I'm not sure why you guys are so high on Tatum, he looks kind of slow and stiff? What am I missing?

Interested in his workouts. He can be a 20ppg guy or he can be a Morris twin.

Player Comparison?

Dreaming High End: Melo, Paul Pierce

Reasonable High End: Rudy Gay, Danny Granger

Reasonable Lower End: Tobias Harris, Morris twins

Bust: Derrick Williams, Micheal Beasley

Interested in his workouts. He can be a 20ppg guy or he can be a Morris twin.

Yeah I could definitely see that. Monk looks like a better shooting version of Oladipo.

Player Comparison?

Maybe an more athletic Pierce? I see some (SOME) PG in his game. That would be his ceiling imo

Some say Tobias but Tobias doesn't have the crossover and dribble moves. Tobias was either good at posting or slashing against slower defenders. You wouldn't see too much of him creating shots off the dribble like Tatum can or hang pull ups like Tatum does.

Tatum isn't uber quick but he's above average and deceptively quick for his size. He just takes what the defense gives him and he does it smoothly and effectively.

Maybe an more athletic Pierce? I see some (SOME) PG in his game.

Some say Tobias but Tobias doesn't have the crossover and dribble moves. Tobias was either good at posting or slashing against slower defenders. You wouldn't see too much of him creating shots off the dribble like Tatum can or hang pull ups like Tatum does.

Tatum isn't uber quick but he's above average and deceptively quick for his size. He just takes what the defense gives him and he does it smoothly and effectively.

I just watched another video of him during a scrimmage game (A lot closer to the court video) and he didn't look that slow. Maybe because I had just watched the Fox highlight video before his it made him look like a turtle in comparison lol

Also I know Fox and EP have similar games but Fox shot looks light years better than EP's.

he is slow and stiff.

He's a "are we overthinking him" type guy. He had really good, efficient scoring games against some of the top defenses in the nation and other draftable talent. So its just like who cares if he's slow if he can score? Carmelo was slow too.

Its not like we're all super excited about tatum over the other prospects. He, like Monk, Smith, and Fox has flaws that we'll need to explore more during workouts.

I just watched another video of him during a scrimmage game (A lot closer to the court video) and he didn't look that slow. Maybe because I had just watched the Fox highlight video before his it made him look like a turtle in comparison lol

Yeah Fox is probably the fastest player in the lottery if not the draft.

Not a good player to watch before watching Tatum.

he is slow and stiff.

He's a "are we overthinking him" type guy. He had really good, efficient scoring games against some of the top defenses in the nation and other draftable talent. So its just like who cares if he's slow if he can score? Carmelo was slow too.

Its not like we're all super excited about tatum over the other prospects. He, like Monk, Smith, and Fox has flaws that we'll need to explore more during workouts.

Come on now. He's not slow and stiff man. He's not Josh Jackson or Fox but he's not those two words.

Come on now. He's not slow and stiff man. He's not Josh Jackson or Fox but he's not those two words.

I'd say Tobias and Carmelo are slow and stiff too.

its relative slow/stiffness.