Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Yea at this point I'm just hoping we swing something to move back in to the lottery.

If we played our cards correctly we could net 2 starters if we get back in to the top 12. I don't think we have the ammo to steal the Knicks pick from Phil, but I agree who really knows what direction they're going in.

You could make the case that we could probably trade up with Charlotte, Detroit, Denver or Miami reasonably. But it's like if you're a team like Charlotte, would you rather trade for Vuch or just draft a guy like Zach Collins or Jarrett Allen? That's where I think it could get tricky. Most of those teams seem to be closer to the win now mode though.

If we can somehow manage to trade our 2 first rounders and one of our second round picks to Sacramento for their 2 lottery first round picks.

We could end up with Smith/Fox and Isaac.

If we can somehow manage to trade our 2 first rounders and one of our second round picks to Sacramento for their 2 lottery first round picks.

We could end up with Smith/Fox and Isaac.

i don't know that i'd trade 5 for 8 and 10. There's no guarantee those guys will be there.

at some point this afternoon they'll do coin flips and we'll find out if we get the 24th, 25th, or 26th pick in the draft as Utah, LAC, Toronto, and Cleveland all went 51-31

at some point this afternoon they'll do coin flips and we'll find out if we get the 24th, 25th, or 26th pick in the draft as Utah, LAC, Toronto, and Cleveland all went 51-31

Will the coin flip be televised?

Will the coin flip be televised?

im not sure. I don't even know if its actually a coin flip as that's kind of a colloquial term sometimes. it might be a random number generator where all four teams are assigned a number 1-4 and the computer just draws them.

im not sure. I don't even know if its actually a coin flip as that's kind of a colloquial term sometimes. it might be a random number generator where all four teams are assigned a number 1-4 and the computer just draws them.

I was joking. However, this random number generator has my interest.

Coin flip decides who picks first between teams with same record

Seems the NBA will use the good old coin-flipping method!

Seems the NBA will use the good old coin-flipping method!

Im not so sure. I think they use that term loosely meaning 50/50 proposition, 1 draw.

Unless you have a 4 sided coin, how are you going to solve a 4 team tiebreaker by coin flips?

It'd be easier just to go on Google's random number generator, have it draw numbers 1-4 and assign each team a number.

Im not so sure. I think they use that term loosely meaning 50/50 proposition, 1 draw.

Unless you have a 4 sided coin, how are you going to solve a 4 team tiebreaker by coin flips?

It'd be easier just to go on Google's random number generator, have it draw numbers 1-4 and assign each team a number.

'The drawings were conducted live on NBA TV earlier Friday in New York City by Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. The tiebreak process was overseen by Denise Pelli, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.' - 2016

Based on this, I suppose the NBA will broadcast the drawing today.

'>> Atlanta (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Boston, Charlotte and Miami; Charlotte then won a tiebreaker with Boston and Miami; Boston then won a tiebreaker with Miami. ' - 2016

Apparently the tied teams are matched head to head to determine the order of the draft position??

'The drawings were conducted live on NBA TV earlier Friday in New York City by Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. The tiebreak process was overseen by Denise Pelli, a representative from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.' - 2016

Based on this, I suppose the NBA will broadcast the drawing today.

'>> Atlanta (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Boston, Charlotte and Miami; Charlotte then won a tiebreaker with Boston and Miami; Boston then won a tiebreaker with Miami. ' - 2016

Apparently the tied teams are matched head to head to determine the order of the draft position??

yeah, I guess they use the same principles as the lottery but they'll do it once for Minnesota and new York, then Portland and Chicago, and so on.