Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Of course we should all want Jackson. But that isn't gonna come close to happening unless some ping pong balls go our way.

I still wouldn't rule him out going #1.

LM vs Jackson was never a debate. He's a target outside the top 5. Jackson is top 3 lock.

Of course we should all want Jackson. But that isn't gonna come close to happening unless some ping pong balls go our way.

LM vs Jackson was never a debate. He's a target outside the top 5. Jackson is top 3 lock.

If he is available at 2-3 I think we have to go after that trade. I think we have enough to move up without giving up the farm. If the Lakers or Phx end up 3 I think they at least listen to the above trade especially if we end up sticking at 4.

True. LM is a big risk big reward type of guy

I don't see it with LM.

His defense doesn't look good to me and I think he's going to be limited in the pros.

Outside the top 5? Isaac, Smith, Monk.

I don't see it with LM.

His defense doesn't look good to me and I think he's going to be limited in the pros.

Outside the top 5? Isaac, Smith, Monk.

Limited how in the Pros?

Offensively he show's elite potential.

Defensively he moves very well for a 7 footer and has good quickness while also showing good positioning. He's not going to be Porz on defense but he won't be a stiff like Channing Frye.

Also,

It's time to only talk outside the top 5.

Limited how in the Pros?

Offensively he show's elite potential.

Defensively he moves very well for a 7 footer and has good quickness while also showing good positioning. He's not going to be Porz on defense but he won't be a stiff like Channing Frye.

Also,

It's time to only talk outside the top 5.

Limited on the other side of the ball.

Offensively he'll be fine because of his height.

I like Isaac more.

Agree on the last statement.

Limited on the other side of the ball.

Offensively he'll be fine because of his height.

I like Isaac more.

Agree on the last statement.

I just can't get into Issac much. But I think we've already discussed that one.

I still don't know what the top 5 is, so if we're picking outside of it I still don't know who that crop is.

I think we can all agree the top 3 most likely will be (in some order) Jacks, Fultz & Ball. Than I would have to think Tatum is 1 of the next 2 players:

Jackson

Fultz

Ball

Tatum

go top 4, who knows who goes 5. Fox? Smith Jr? Frank? Issac? Monk? Markennan?

The case could be made for any one of those 6.

So to conclude, if we pick outside of the top 5 were guaranteed one of:

Smith JR

Fox

Marennan

Issac

Monk

Frank

So we can focus in on them now I think.

As a guy whose a big Monk supporter, the month of March has and continues to be rough on him from deep.

Edit: Nevermind. Monk now hitting Curry 3's.

Fox had a really good first half.

What jumps out to me about him is his quickness. His feet are extremely quick and constantly moving. Whenever the ball is in his hands, you have the feeling he can blow by his guy at any moment. Probably as fast with the ball in his hands as any prospect I've seen the past few drafts. Maybe going back to Wall. His vision look on pace with a player that is advertised a plus passer. He seems to get caught over dribbling at times but that could just be Kentucky's offense. I haven't watched them enough to know.

His shot does not look broken. It's actually a clean looking release that he's able to get off quickly. I would say there's plenty of reason to think he can improve his shooting consistency as he increases his reps.

I wish Kentucky would push the ball more with Fox. Seems like they want to get in these half-court sets and run their offense. Maybe that's a strategy to counter UCLA's potent offense from touching the ball.

• Upvote 1