Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Sacramento doesn't have any stars but they have a functional roster with young guys.

Fox

Hield

Justin Jackson

Skal

WCS

Could be pretty fun to watch, even if guards that can't shoot are one of my basketball no-nos

Weltman: "Part of Jonathan's appeal is he'll be able to be a multi-positional player. He rebounds like a 4. He handles the ball like a 3."

Rest of that quote: "But doesn't do either particularly well. We envision him as a frustrating part of our roster over the next 3-4 years that we'll trade for a washed up Isiah Thomas. It's a good direction for our franchise."

Rest of that quote: "But doesn't do either particularly well. We envision him as a frustrating part of our roster over the next 3-4 years that we'll trade for a washed up Isiah Thomas. It's a good direction for our franchise."

Get a grip bro.

We're probably splitting hairs there. Hahaha. I'm not a huge Fox guy. Don't see a lot of talent the rest of their roster either.

Yeah, they just drafted Fox (who I'm not huge on either, but he's at least as good as Isaac), Justin Jackson, and a huge wild card in Harry Giles. There is a chance, if Jackson becomes the legit 3-and-D guy he has the potential to be, and Giles manages to realize his talent post-injury, that they picked 3 guys better than either of ours. Isaac has a floor of, what, Jeremy Evans with a jumper, and a ceiling of AK47? Fox has a floor of Elfrid Payton and a ceiling of John Wall. Buddy Hield averaged 15 per for Sacramento, shot 48% and 42% from 3. Cauley-Stein, Labissierre, and Papagiannis all look like solid prospect bigs. I have no real faith that Sacramento is headed in the right direction. But, after tonight, I'm wondering whether we're trying to be so bad that we have to move to a different city.

Yeah, they just drafted Fox (who I'm not huge on either, but he's at least as good as Isaac), Justin Jackson, and a huge wild card in Harry Giles. There is a chance, if Jackson becomes the legit 3-and-D guy he has the potential to be, and Giles manages to realize his talent post-injury, that they picked 3 guys better than either of ours. Isaac has a floor of, what, Jeremy Evans with a jumper, and a ceiling of AK47? Fox has a floor of Elfrid Payton and a ceiling of John Wall. Buddy Hield averaged 15 per for Sacramento, shot 48% and 42% from 3. Cauley-Stein, Labissierre, and Papagiannis all look like solid prospect bigs. I have no real faith that Sacramento is headed in the right direction. But, after tonight, I'm wondering whether we're trying to be so bad that we have to move to a different city.

LOOOOOOOOL

I drove from south Florida to attend the draft party at amway..I see a lot of you asking..reaction for Isaac was good..once he was picked the arena emptied. There was literally a handful of people remaining when I left at about pick 16.

As far as our draft, I agree with someone's previous point about trading 35. What's the logic? What are the odds we pick better than 35 when we get that return?

My main gripe is that we seem to be the only team in the league that drafts players who can "play multiple positions"..I'm so tired of that. Everyone we draft is a hybrid 2/3 3/4 4/5..just draft players that excel at one position for Pete sake!! So tired of having 4 SF but some can play at 4..just ridiculous.

And while I'm ranting..Biz contract was just laughable and unnecessary.

Build a team..define that team. Draft playmakers not tweeners. Sorry guys..I think we're in it for the long haul.

• Upvote 1

I think the unfortunate takeaway from tonight is what none of us want to hear after over half a decade of rebuilding, but we're in a full rebuild.

We just haven't hit rock bottom yet.

Moves like drafting Isaac and not keeping the 25th pick (or trading proactively) pretty much show it.

No matter what you think on ceilings, Monk and DSJ certainly would help us next season more then Isaac. But I think the new FO took a look at the roster and figured next year was a wash anyhow.

Tough for us hardcore fans to swallow, but that's the call they are making (and it might even by the right one looooong-term).

Strap in.

My main gripe is that we seem to be the only team in the league that drafts players who can "play multiple positions"..I'm so tired of that. Everyone we draft is a hybrid 2/3 3/4 4/5..just draft players that excel at one position for Pete sake!! So tired of having 4 SF but some can play at 4..just ridiculous.

And while I'm ranting..Biz contract was just laughable and unnecessary.

Build a team..define that team. Draft playmakers not tweeners. Sorry guys..I think we're in it for the long haul.

Well put.