Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Wait wait wait wait. Weren't we friends on Facebook? Don't you have a communications degree?

Double major; interpersonal communications & Marketing ( B.S.B.A )

It's a very common double major from there. Half of the Recs for IC are marketing courses.

Like it or not, Devos and Co will want nothing to do with Father Ball and all of his noise. Ironically, based purely on basketball, Ball is my favorite prospect.

That's a shame because if he ends up a really good player and we pass on him it will look terrible. The dad being loud should have no bearing on sons's performance.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't beleive this. He says this to get people like you wound up.

Also, let's say he does beleive this.

The best competitors beleive they can beat anyone. If that's the mentality he's instilled in Lonzo then sign me up.

Best competitors do when they're going to actually compete against them. Not when the competition is a 54 year old retiree.

Best competitors do when they're going to actually compete against them. Not when the competition is a 54 year old retiree.

Meh, I'll just stop. Ready to talk about prospects again. You guys think it's a huge deal what his dad is saying and it makes him un-draftable--I think that's dumb. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

He doesn't beleive this. He says this to get people like you wound up.

Also, let's say he does beleive this.

The best competitors beleive they can beat anyone. If that's the mentality he's instilled in Lonzo then sign me up.

Just explaining to the guy above me what he said

I want Lonzo Ball. I hope his dad talks more so he's there when we pick

I absolutely do not think any GM is going to pass on Ball because of his dad making comments to the media.

If a GM passes on Ball after Fultz, it will strucktly be for basketball reasons not because of outrageous comments a players father makes.

Again, until Lonzo has a red flag come up involving him and him only--this isn't changing his draft stock st all.

Hell, Josh Jackson gets arrested and no one cares. Ball's dad makes comments and all the sudden he's untouchable or dropping. Negative.

I don't like Ball and his dad just makes it that much worse. No matter, he'll be gone by the time we pick.

This is fine. If you don't like Ball for basketball reasons that's completely acceptable. I disagree but that's fine. If the only reason you don't want Ball is because of his dad that's just dumb.

It's nice that Tatum has moved into the top four, as have the Magic. If the draft were tonight, I'd predict:

1. Boston - Fultz

2. LA - Ball

3. Phoenix- Jackson

4. Orlando - Tatum

A lot can still happen but I love our tank. Now we just need another top 10 pick.

It's nice that Tatum has moved into the top four, as have the Magic. If the draft were tonight, I'd predict:

1. Boston - Fultz

2. LA - Ball

3. Phoenix- Jackson

4. Orlando - Tatum

A lot can still happen but I love our tank. Now we just need another top 10 pick.

Same.

Depending on the GM situation, wouldn't rule out SmithJr or Fox.