Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I dunno. Monk can be good. The thing is they don't even use Isaac the way they use Monk. It's weird because you can see that Isaac could probably take over games but they just don't use him like Tatum and Monk are used.

It's crazy how poorly Hamilton uses Isaac

It's crazy how poorly Hamilton uses Isaac

I don't think its a poor use of Isaac as much as it is diminished stats from playing only 25 minutes per game when tatum is playing 33 and others are playing 35+

tatum is averaging 20.3 and 8.8 with 1.3 blocks and 1.6 steals on 51(twos)/34/87 shooting per 40 minutes

Isaac is averaging 18.5 and 11.9 with 2.3 blocks and 1.8 steals on 58(twos)/35/80 shooting per 40 minutes

this is a weird draft.

Typically I'm able to point to an obvious reason why I wouldn't like a player (i.e. Marcus Smart is super inefficient, not worth it at 4, maybe worth a gamble at 11). This year is different. its really hard to separate the player from their team in most cases. Fultz looks great, team sucked. Smith looks great, team sucked. tatum looks great, has to share the ball a lot with two other ball dominant players. Does that mean he'd look better with more opportunity? or does that mean he's getting easier buckets with attention going elsewhere? Isaac's numbers are all over the place due to playing in a 12 man rotation. does that mean he'd look better with more opportunity? or does that mean he's got a fatal flaw that he's not talenting his way to more possessions and more time? Monk looks great but is it due to the talent around him?

it's going to be interesting when these guys are separated from their circumstances in workouts. Might flip a lot of draft boards.

Jawun Evans might be worth a look in the second round. Has a nice game. Little undersized so he'll fall.

I liked him more when he was putting up 25 ppg on 55% three point shooting early in the season before we found out that UConn sucked this year.

Not as impressed with his 18 ppg on 41/29/86 shooting in big 12 play. Reminds me of casper ware.

I liked him more when he was putting up 25 ppg on 55% three point shooting early in the season before we found out that UConn sucked this year.

Not as impressed with his 18 ppg on 41/29/86 shooting in big 12 play. Reminds me of casper ware.

Yea I don't love him just a flier type guy.

I get a Darren Collinson vibe from him.

I want Isaac playing the 4 on D letting AG take the best wing, and then playing the 3 on offense.

That is our best case scenario at our likely draft position, imo.