Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

If we're in the 6-7 range, I wonder if Vuc or Evan would be enough to move up a few spots (and swapping lotto picks). Obviously it depends on the team we'd be negotiating with and what their needs are. But I think we need to do whatever we have to do to get into that top tier.

depends on what's out there. I think phoenix would be receptive to a 6+23+player trade up to 3 or 4 especially if Jackson is off the board.

Who does Tatum remind yall of?

At first, a little Tobias but he seems to have more of a arsenal the more I watch.

I'm not a big Tatum guy. I think he's going to be the Wesley Johnson of this draft

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big Tatum guy. I think he's going to be the Wesley Johnson of this draft

I'm pinning this post for future reference ;)

Wesley Johnson was 23 years old when he was drafted

I didn't mean literally Wesley Johnson. I meant it in the "I'm going to talk myself into this guy and draft him super high even though he breaks conventional wisdom"

I'm pinning this post for future reference ;)/>

Well it wouldn't be the first time I've whiffed. I wasnt a huge fan of Klay Thompson (though the watching like 3 games of his probably didn't help). My batting average on guys i don't like is pretty good though.

I think I'd take him 7th.

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Ball (and only on this order because I'm risk averse. I know exactly what Smith is. Ball is unorthodox and that screws with my projection)

Monk

Isaac

Tatum

After that i don't care. You want to convince me that markkannen is the next game breaking player and ntlikina is going to struggle. Ok. Ntlikina is the next Gary Payton? Sure. Bridges? Unc Jackson? Williams? Fox? Ferguson? Stick whoever at 8. At that point you're balancing ceilings vs floors and it depends on the team

I think someone is going to take Tatum higher than ceiling would suggest due to risk aversion. For Some reason he comes across as safer than a lot of options. For that reason I see him going as high as 4 but probably 5.

Well it wouldn't be the first time I've whiffed. I wasnt a huge fan of Klay Thompson (though the watching like 3 games of his probably didn't help). My batting average on guys i don't like is pretty good though.

I think I'd take him 7th.

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Ball (and only on this order because I'm risk averse. I know exactly what Smith is. Ball is unorthodox and that screws with my projection)

Monk

Isaac

Tatum

After that i don't care. You want to convince me that markkannen is the next game breaking player and ntlikina is going to struggle. Ok. Ntlikina is the next Gary Payton? Sure. Bridges? Unc Jackson? Williams? Fox? Ferguson? Stick whoever at 8. At that point you're balancing ceilings vs floors and it depends on the team

We have the same top 7. I would just flip issac and Tatum. The question mark arise after the top 7.

Markennan, frank, fox, etc all have more risks.