Sign in to follow this  
RavenclawMagic

Ad space on jerseys

I think it will definitely make Jerseys uglier- and some of the jerseys are already ugly enough. Personally would prefer no ads as it does not add to my enjoyment of watching the sport. At the same time, ads will only mess with the aesthetics of the jersey and also won't interfere with my enjoyment of watching the sport.

It would be nice if they lowered the seat prices after receiving the ad revenue- but I know they won't. (would maybe help some arenas actually be mostly full every night *cough*amway center*cough*cough)

• Upvote 1

I think it will definitely make Jerseys uglier- and some of the jerseys are already ugly enough. Personally would prefer no ads as it does not add to my enjoyment of watching the sport. At the same time, ads will only mess with the aesthetics of the jersey and also won't interfere with my enjoyment of watching the sport.

It would be nice if they lowered the seat prices after receiving the ad revenue- but I know they won't. (would maybe help some arenas actually be mostly full every night *cough*amway center*cough*cough)

yeah, amway bothers me.

Let the market dictate the prices. when we're good I understand not being able to get cheap tickets. But my sister screwed up a ticket thing one time and we didn't find out until we were already at the arena. Tried to go to the box office to buy a ticket and they wanted $60/ticket for the last row. This was in 2015 after we fired Vaughn.

went to a scalper and got them for $10/ticket.

Don't sell tickets for $60 at the box office in the midst of a losing season.

yeah, amway bothers me.

Let the market dictate the prices. when we're good I understand not being able to get cheap tickets. But my sister screwed up a ticket thing one time and we didn't find out until we were already at the arena. Tried to go to the box office to buy a ticket and they wanted $60/ticket for the last row. This was in 2015 after we fired Vaughn.

went to a scalper and got them for $10/ticket.

Don't sell tickets for $60 at the box office in the midst of a losing season.

I think they should look at maximizing butts in seats over profits. I understand we aren't very good right now, but it looks bad when your lower bowl is half empty. I was able to go to a game around Christmas last year when I was in town and there were a lot of empty seats. Sure we were only playing Brooklyn, but we had a winning record (or close to a winning record) at that point.

And I completely understand why. I am very willing to spend some money going to the game and to buy super over-priced food and drinks, but I often go to buy tickets and then look at the prices and have to sometimes re-convince myself to spend the money instead of just watching at home.

I hate it. Think it's beyond stupid and takes away from the pureness of the jersey. But, I get the world we live in. People will sell their souls for an extra dollar so I'm not surprised. It's inevitably going to happen. I can only hope its a smaller logo like the NBA logo or something like that. If it's multiple adds and they start to look like European jersey's that would be really disappointing. Jersey sales will dip in a major way if a bunch of logos get plastered all over the jersey.

I understand these NBA franchises/owners are really pressed for cash so this should help them out in a major way...............I mean, this isn't the WNBA, no one is really that pressed for cash.

Hey maybe with some of the extra money they'll make off ads, they can lower the beer and concession prices. One can dream.

I hate it. Think it's beyond stupid and takes away from the pureness of the jersey. But, I get the world we live in. People will sell their souls for an extra dollar so I'm not surprised. It's inevitably going to happen. I can only hope its a smaller logo like the NBA logo or something like that. If it's multiple adds and they start to look like European jersey's that would be really disappointing. Jersey sales will dip in a major way if a bunch of logos get plastered all over the jersey.

I understand these NBA franchises/owners are really pressed for cash so this should help them out in a major way...............I mean, this isn't the WNBA, no one is really that pressed for cash.

Hey maybe with some of the extra money they'll make off ads, they can lower the beer and concession prices. One can dream.

You root for a team that operates at the pleasure of an Amway founder and a league whose champion owner is known for predatory loans and defrauding the housing commission.

Is jersey pureness really an issue?

You root for a team that operates at the pleasure of an Amway founder and a league whose champion owner is known for predatory loans and defrauding the housing commission.

Is jersey pureness really an issue?

Doesn't make the ads any less ridiculous and unnecessary.

Not a fan of the idea of putting ads on the jerseys, but I guess it's a move they were going to make eventually. It won't be long before other major league sports do the same.

All the reason to get the jerseys before they happen!

Not a fan of the idea of putting ads on the jerseys, but I guess it's a move they were going to make eventually. It won't be long before other major league sports do the same.

All the reason to get the jerseys before they happen!

The ads won't be on consumer jerseys

That makes no god damn sense

According to this article some might not have the sponsor on them, but others will have the sponsor on them. It will depend on the team. I think the 76ers have already confirmed their jerseys sold at their store will have them on.

As a compromise, jerseys sold to fans will not include the corporate logo, although teams will have the option of selling a version that includes the logo.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/15210151/nba-jerseys-carry-advertisements-beginning-2017-18

According to this article some might not have the sponsor on them, but others will have the sponsor on them. It will depend on the team. I think the 76ers have already confirmed their jerseys sold at their store will have them on.

As a compromise, jerseys sold to fans will not include the corporate logo, although teams will have the option of selling a version that includes the logo.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/15210151/nba-jerseys-carry-advertisements-beginning-2017-18

Most fans buy the jerseys to look just like the players. That includes logos